Question about InfinityFree and WordPress together

I have successfully added my live internet domain name, created an InfinityFree hosting account, and installed WordPress.

It is the case that it is possible to access the WordPress login account while outside the InfinityFree Internet Login Account, and while outside All InfinityFree Hosting Accounts.

Is there a setting that can internally always be altered on or off, that changes the WordPress login screen so that it can only possibly be accessed once an InfinityFree Internet Login has been done, and once the relevant Account Login has been done too?

-How can I change my own InfinityFree Internet Login password?

-How can I change my own InfinityFree Hosting Account password?

app.infinityfree.net > (user menu, top right) > Profile > Edit Account > Client Area Password

app.infinityfree.net > (select your account) > Edit Account > Hosting Account Password

4 Likes

It is the case that it is possible to access the WordPress login account while outside the InfinityFree Internet Login Account, and while outside All InfinityFree Hosting Accounts.

Is there a setting that can internally always be altered on or off, that changes the WordPress login screen so that it can only possibly be accessed once an InfinityFree Internet Login has been done, and once the relevant Account Login has been done too? I would like these logins to be totally concentric, or as concentric as possible. Is there a simple way to hide the WordPress editing login behind the InfinityFree website login, or even behind an individual Account login?

No, as Wordpress is part of you hosting account, and without the hosting account, you wouldn’t have Wordpress.

This is impossible for so many reasons, but I’ll try to sum it up for you. The login cookie that Infinityfree uses is only for the .infinityfree.net domain, so unless your site is a subdomain of infinityfree.net, which it isn’t, you can’t use that cookie. And the php instance is different, websitever is different, etc. So this is not possible and will never be possible for obvious security reasons.

3 Likes

Are you referring to this??

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.