Put the code into my account

Hey
Is it possible to copy this config file into my account . I didn’t see any support ticket to send it there
The code is something like this

location / { secure_link $arg_md5,$arg_expires; secure_link_md5 "$secure_link_expires$uri$remote_addr "; if ($secure_link = “”) { return 403; } if ($secure_link = “0”) { return 410; } }

It prevent to download my links that there are in my infinity host .

Best regards

That looks like PHP code to me, and I don’t know what you want us to do with it.

We don’t place any restrictions on file downloading, although doing it excessively will lead to suspension as InfinityFree is a webhosting provider, not a file hosting provider.

Can you please explain the actual error you are getting?

3 Likes

I have a WordPress website elsewhere. I purchased a download link protection plugin that said in its setup that if your download host is NGINX, ask support team to place this configuration file in your account. I want to use your service as a download host, of course, it’s not more than a few files.

Then why are you asking us here?

We use Apache

If you use the service strictly for a download service, you will be suspended. Make sure you follow all of our terms

1 Like

I’m familiar with those commands, that’s the NGINX http_secure_link module configuration.

While we do make sure of NGINX, no web hosting provider I know of gives you access to the web server configuration directly, and I don’t see how a provider could do that safely. The only way you can influence how the web server behaves is by using .htaccess rules. But those are Apache configuration, not NGINX, and don’t support all configuration options that Apache offers.

So if you want to do this, you’ll need hosting where you can run your own NGINX server. Like a VPS.

Any web hosting where this would be possible would have to integrate it into their control panel. But we don’t, and I don’t know of any hosting provider that does.

Finally, it should be noted that we provide hosting intended for web pages, not file storage/sharing. So we’re not interested in building features useful only for file storage/sharing.

If you’re looking for a place for file hosting, please use a file hosting provider. You could just upload the files to a service like Google Drive or Mega and place download links to those services on your WordPress website.

And if you need file storage where you want to create single use URLs with a limited lifetime, I would personally go with Amazon S3 for storage, and use their “presigned URL” feature to create URLs with a limited lifetime.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.