Proxy Error encountered by API used to retrieve image from server

Hi All,

I am using an API to generate qr code and it general it works fine. Except when I wanted to inlcide an image (the image is stored in Infinity Free server. When the image is included, the API returns “502 Proxy Error” and include the following :slight_smile:
"

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /v2/qrcode/url.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at api.scanova.io Port 443

"

Anyone has similar experience and any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Im confused. Are you trying to say that:

1.The api is outside the InfinityFree servers
2. And the image is in the InfinityFree website and you want to use it on the api outside the server?

I think it won't work because it will blocked by security system. It is only for premium plans.
2 Likes

Hi, yes, the web page with the API is hosted on Infinity Free Servers and naturally the API calls a function from the provider’s server.

The image is uploaded onto InfinityFree server and the API is supposed to use it and return a qr code with the image. This is blocked? the test image I am using is : http://hostingmenu.epizy.com/images/BK_Logo.png .

Yes, it is blocked. The resources on your website is only can be used inside your website and not outside your website.

EDIT: TO PREVENT FILE SHARING

2 Likes

that is even when the URL: http://hostingmenu.epizy.com/images/BK_Logo.png is publicly accessible?

Pls read this article:

This article will tell you the reasons why.

4 Likes

noted and understand. So if it the account is upgraded to premium plan than it would not be blocked right?

On premium hosting, this security system is not present (your website will be protected in less obtrusive ways), so you can access your website through other clients which are not browsers (like mobile apps, automated verification tools, etc.).

The answer is yes.

1 Like

Great and thanks for your advice,

Please do not that using a web hosting account for file sharing is not allowed, both on free and premium hosting. So if you’re just looking for a place to dump automatically generated images, please find another provider for that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.