Problems when transfering to own domain

Right now cm.infinityfreeapp.com does not appear to belong to any account, if you add it back to your hosting account you should be able to then park crowmarianne.com to it. You’ll need to update the settings in WordPress to the new URL, as a WordPress installation only supports one URL configuration by default:

Parking a subdomain is not very well supported however, it might be better to move the WordPress installation to the new blog.crowmarianne.com subdomain by following WordPress’ guide:

9 Likes

Thanks, how do it add it, thru add domains?

About the blog, I tried the parking but I get this message: “blog.crowmarianne.com appears to be a subdomain, please add it as a subdomain to your account.” If I go to subdomains the only actions it let me do is ‘delete’

If you’re talking about cm.infinityfreeapp.com, you can add it through the Subdomains section in the control panel or client area.

Yes, unfortunately parking a subdomain is not supported very well, that’s why I recommended moving the installation to the new subdomain entirely.

8 Likes

Hi, right now it seems it’s not working but I’ll check it out thoroughly on my day off.

I guess I made it wrong from the very beginning (I created the sites first and I thought I could change just the domain later). Anyways, as I have everything saved i will set them again on the right domain.

I guess I won’t mess it up this time!

Thanks for everything

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to redo everything from the very beginning in my own domains (crowmarianne.com and blog.crowmarianne.com) but I cannot install wp. If I try with ssl it says “A trusted SSL Certificate was not found” and if I do it without it I get the “no sponsors” message. I already contacted my domain and ssl provider and they say it’s not well configured at infinityfree. I really don’t know what to do. Thanks

Please read

Likely due to this

Please WordPress install without https. Do let us know when this is done

6 Likes

I uninstalled and installed them again and Crowmarianne wp is working now. But blog isn’t, I’m still receiving the “no sponsors” message…

About the ssl certificates, I ordered them with the domain provider, I’m going to ckeck your link.

This is expected. Do you have a CNAME or A record for it?
Alternatively, you can remove subdomain from hosting account then add it in again

You can get free SSL as per below

5 Likes

This is expected. Do you have a CNAME or A record for it?
Alternatively, you can remove subdomain from hosting account then add it in again

I’m going to try what you said.

As I already have these ssl certificates (they expire in September) is there any way that infinityfree recognises them?

Nameserver seems down

Is the SSL 2048-bit?
If not, get SSL from my post

6 Likes

I added the CNAME on blog too (I had it only on crowmarianne.com) and it didn’t work, so I removed both wp installations and subdomain and added them again, but I’m still getting the “no sponsors” message on blog wp. If I visit the page it redirects to prg.infinityfreeapp.com which is what I tried first but I don’t want a redirection anymore, I want the domain to be visible and fully work, that’s why I bought it.

Nameserver seems down

What can I do with that? It’s strange I can finally access crowmarianne’s wp but not blog’s

Is the SSL 2048-bit?

I’m going to check it

No issue for me

3 Likes

I figured it out that it has to do with the ssl certificates. When I try to access blog’s wp it searchs the ssl, that’s why I get the “no sponsors” message. I don’t know why crowmarianne doen’t try to find it, but that’s why I get different responses.

I’m going to try getting the ssl certificates

The blog subdomain seems to be setup correctly now. The “No Sponsors” message is from Bodis, a domain parking service to which non-existent domains are routed to. If you still see that page now, I think it’s simply the result of DNS caching on your end.

5 Likes

The blog subdomain seems to be setup correctly now. The “No Sponsors” message is from Bodis, a domain parking service to which non-existent domains are routed to. If you still see that page now, I think it’s simply the result of DNS caching on your end.

It’s fine in other devices. My computer looks for the ssl, and apparently because it’s not finding it, I get this message. There’s a cookie named parking_session I don’t know how to eliminate :frowning:

I’m adding my ssl certificates to both domains,let’s see if this works.

Thanks for all your support

Sorry again, the pem format requires intermediates. How can I just copy the ssl certificate and paste it? I have the certificate downloaded but it doesn’t allow me just to open it, not installing it.

So many thanks and I’m very sorry to bother you all :pray:

Maybe just Right click > Open with… > Notepad, and you should be able to see the contents. Then you can perform the Copy & Paste action.

Alternatively, you could just follow the guide KangJL had posted. That’s a much more simpler way of getting ssl onto a website here.

5 Likes

Hi, thanks a lot. The extension .ctr doesn’t allow you to do that, but I could finally get all the info in my provider site.

Nevertheless, it’s not working! Apparently it’s set and done, I guess I have to wait a bit for the changes to appear…

The main problem is I cannot access the blog’s wordpress from my computer (I see it as Rick and Admin in my mobile phone). I guess it has to do with that cookie I cannot delete (parking_session). Does anyone know how to eliminate it?

There’s nothing to do with that cookie.

Please read the guide Admin gave to you to flush your computer’s DNS cache, then things should work.

Both sites are working with SSL enabled on my side:

7 Likes

Yes, I could see them on my cell phone! That’s great!

But on my computer I cannot access to blog’s still. I’m pretty sure it’s because of that cookie. I’ll try to figure it out with the info above.

Thank you everyone!