Problems when transfering to own domain

This is expected. Do you have a CNAME or A record for it?
Alternatively, you can remove subdomain from hosting account then add it in again

I’m going to try what you said.

As I already have these ssl certificates (they expire in September) is there any way that infinityfree recognises them?

Nameserver seems down

Is the SSL 2048-bit?
If not, get SSL from my post

6 Likes

I added the CNAME on blog too (I had it only on crowmarianne.com) and it didn’t work, so I removed both wp installations and subdomain and added them again, but I’m still getting the “no sponsors” message on blog wp. If I visit the page it redirects to prg.infinityfreeapp.com which is what I tried first but I don’t want a redirection anymore, I want the domain to be visible and fully work, that’s why I bought it.

Nameserver seems down

What can I do with that? It’s strange I can finally access crowmarianne’s wp but not blog’s

Is the SSL 2048-bit?

I’m going to check it

No issue for me

3 Likes

I figured it out that it has to do with the ssl certificates. When I try to access blog’s wp it searchs the ssl, that’s why I get the “no sponsors” message. I don’t know why crowmarianne doen’t try to find it, but that’s why I get different responses.

I’m going to try getting the ssl certificates

The blog subdomain seems to be setup correctly now. The “No Sponsors” message is from Bodis, a domain parking service to which non-existent domains are routed to. If you still see that page now, I think it’s simply the result of DNS caching on your end.

5 Likes

The blog subdomain seems to be setup correctly now. The “No Sponsors” message is from Bodis, a domain parking service to which non-existent domains are routed to. If you still see that page now, I think it’s simply the result of DNS caching on your end.

It’s fine in other devices. My computer looks for the ssl, and apparently because it’s not finding it, I get this message. There’s a cookie named parking_session I don’t know how to eliminate :frowning:

I’m adding my ssl certificates to both domains,let’s see if this works.

Thanks for all your support

Sorry again, the pem format requires intermediates. How can I just copy the ssl certificate and paste it? I have the certificate downloaded but it doesn’t allow me just to open it, not installing it.

So many thanks and I’m very sorry to bother you all :pray:

Maybe just Right click > Open with… > Notepad, and you should be able to see the contents. Then you can perform the Copy & Paste action.

Alternatively, you could just follow the guide KangJL had posted. That’s a much more simpler way of getting ssl onto a website here.

5 Likes

Hi, thanks a lot. The extension .ctr doesn’t allow you to do that, but I could finally get all the info in my provider site.

Nevertheless, it’s not working! Apparently it’s set and done, I guess I have to wait a bit for the changes to appear…

The main problem is I cannot access the blog’s wordpress from my computer (I see it as Rick and Admin in my mobile phone). I guess it has to do with that cookie I cannot delete (parking_session). Does anyone know how to eliminate it?

There’s nothing to do with that cookie.

Please read the guide Admin gave to you to flush your computer’s DNS cache, then things should work.

Both sites are working with SSL enabled on my side:

7 Likes

Yes, I could see them on my cell phone! That’s great!

But on my computer I cannot access to blog’s still. I’m pretty sure it’s because of that cookie. I’ll try to figure it out with the info above.

Thank you everyone!

I’m 100% sure that it isn’t.

The cookie is created by the parking page. So you get the cookie because of the parking page, not the other way around.

4 Likes

Hi again. In order to recover all the work done I have to access cm.infinityfreeapp.com which vanished from the cpanel (I still don’t recall how) and I created again following the advice in this forum, but, though everything is in the htdocs folder (the main one) I cannot access the new wordpress installation, it keeps showing me the 403 error and I really need to access this site in order to recreate everything… Thanks again

The cookie is created by the parking page. So you get the cookie because of the parking page, not the other way around

Ok, now I see… Sorry, I din’t understand it before. Then I just have to wait for dns propagation?

Yes.

When adding the domain again, a new directory was likely linked to your website, cm.infinityfreeapp.com/htdocs. You can verify this by going to your account’s “Domains” section in the client area, it should look similar to this:

If this is the case, you’ll need to move your files from the main htdocs folder to the new cm.infinityfreeapp.com/htdocs one.

7 Likes

Thank you again, Chris.

The thing is that the main domain (the one I created first here when I was trying infinityfree) was cm.infinityfreeapp.com, where I had the copy of my original site and it’s WordPress installation. When my old hosting expired and I tried adding my own domains thru add-ons (the original post here) cm.infinityfreeapp.com vanished from my domains lists (sure I did something wrong), but as I didn’t delete it I still have its wp installation. Nevertheless, as the main domain vanished I cannot access it, I get te 403 error.

When, as you suggested, I created a new domain with the same old name (cm.infinityfreeapp.com) in order to recover the original one and access wp, this created a new folder, which of course is empty, so I cannot access the original wp installation (which is in the main htdocs folder, not in the new domain folder, which is what creating a new domain does.

In the fpt, everything I’ve done is in the main htdocs, but even copying the archives to the new installation (the one with my own domain, crowmarianne.com) it doesn’t recognise them, it’s like they vanished as well, though apparently they are in:

For instance, if I click one image that’s inside the main htdocs folder it also delivers the 403 message:

If this is the case, you’ll need to move your files from the main htdocs folder to the new cm.infinityfreeapp.com/htdocs one.

I’m afraid if I move them I will lose them forever… The first thing I tried when I moved to infinityfree was uploading my old website thru ftp (which worked with my old hosting) and I couldn’t upload the files not even in zip, it always got stuck in the middle of the process, even when uploading the folders one by one… I could finally migrate the site with wp importer, and do a copy and paste job with both sites (I know, it’s a lot more easy just copying files and folders) but as it gets stuck I cannot do it any other way… Or maybe there’s another way? That’s why I’m here

Is there anyway to recover them?

Thanks a lot :pray:

It works now! So the blog.crowmarianne.com issue is solved! Let’s hope the cm.infinityfreeapp.com can be resolved as well :pray:

Thank you all

This is the answer I wrote on another topic recently, which I think works for you too:

Moving the files is not hard and completely safe if done correctly. Downloading and reuploading is safer if you don’t feel comfortable doing it.

Doing anything with zip files is a recipe for broken uploads and a lot of wasted time, so don’t do that.

5 Likes

I finally copied the htdocs to crowmarianne.com, which is the domain where I want the contents of cm.infinityfreeapp.com to show up. I can see everything there if I visit crowmarianne.com (at least I can access the content), but I cannot access the wp installation as it changed to cm.infinityfreeapp.com, as you can see down below:

I guess I just have to change the config.php thru ftp and maybe other files as well, but as I don’t want to mess it up again, can someone tell me exactly which files I have to modify or I just follow the migrating wp guide?

Thanks