Problems updating registrar DNS

I asked my registrar to update DNS servers for my afutorino.it domain but the procedure fails. (I tried more than once)
My registrar is register.it.
I’ve read the forum and saw other people having the same issue but I did not understand if this has been solved by someone or if its impossible due to procedures being incompatible between the two hosting providers.

Error Message

Your domain is not yet pointing to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com. Change your nameservers at your domain registrar and wait a few hours. You can also create an account with a subdomain first.

Sometimes, it may take up to 24 hours for your domain DNS changes will propagate.

1 Like

And it is not yet pointed too!

Still:
ns1.register.it
ns2.register.it

Kindly edit your nameservers and point it to ns1.epizy.com & ns2.epizy.com

1 Like

Also look at this:

The .it registry, along with some other ccTLD registries, require that DNS records are set on the nameservers before the nameservers change is accepted, while we require setting up nameservers before we can create DNS records for your domain. So you can’t host these types of domain with us for the moment, unless we apply some other domain verification methods. @katufo and @Technical.Legendz are wrong with that.

6 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
Im wondering: will infinityfree be able to apply some other domain verification method?

1 Like

No, only nameservers.

@katufo but as it was stated by @Ergastolator1 for .it ccTLD is not possible to change nameservers before the DNS entries are created inside the target DNS server.
So the only two options I see are:

1. infinitryfree adds the needed entry before the DNS server change
  2. I choose another hosting

Can someone from the staff confirm if there is a workaround or if i need to look elsewhere?

thank you all! :slight_smile:

1. infinitryfree adds the needed entry before the DNS server change

This won’t be possible unless iFastNet decides to add it to the service

1. I choose another hosting

I’m not sure if other hosting providers have any other verification methods so I cannot help you with this.
Please note that the most free hosting sites out there, are just resellers of iFastNet so they use the same system.

As I explained above, InfinityFree is powered by iFastNet so the system is maintained by them and not InfinityFree itself, so no one can do something or know until iFastnet confirms it. There is not staff here in InfinityFree, just Admin (the owner).

This is how I can help :slight_smile:

Please let me know if this helped you.

5 Likes

@DimitrisT Thank you! I think this post will help other coming from italian registrars. We need to find another free hosting service for now (hopefully there is one that is compliant with .it ccTLD process.

1 Like

I’m glad that this helped you. I don’t think that there is a free hosting service that is compilant with the it ccTLD process but good luck with the research :wink:

Please let me know if you need further help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.