Problem with logging in to wp-admin

My website URL is:
www.greenshirteco.com

www.greenshirteco.com/wp-admin
What I’m seeing is:
There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

[Learn more about debugging in WordPress.]

I’m using this software:

Google Chrome (doesn't work on safari either)

Additional information:

I have already tried to change the theme and change the wp_debug to true from false to see my issue, but I don’t see anything related to content, only the theme. I cant read code that well, so all I know is that the theme might need to be changed, so I tried to change the theme on pHp but still it says there’s an error (the theme doesn’t even change, it just says I cant access the site)

I tried to open your wp-admin but I just see the login screen. Could you please enable WP_DEBUG again and share the error message you see here?

For reference, this is the article we wrote about this error:

https://infinityfree.net/support/installation-failed-critical-error-on-your-website/

2 Likes

Ok I will enable the wp_debug thanks for the prompt reply!

1 Like

Hi, would it be safe if I posted the code that I see after putting the wp_debug to true that’s appearing on the site when I login? It looks like I have to login first to be able to see the errors. I can post it or message it to you if thats an option? Thanks

This is the error message I see.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, it helps a lot!

In the error message, I see a reference to a missing function filter_block_content(). But all the files being shown there are WordPress core files. So I think it might not be a theme or plugin that’s broken, but actually the WordPress installation itself.

Fortunately, this can be fixed without losing any data. The process on how to do this is described here:

https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-fix-a-corrupted-wordpress-installation/

I’ll also make a note to update the KB article to also include this as an option. Hmm, I didn’t know WordPress would also show this error if the core failed.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.