Problem with hosting my new test website

hi i have made a new test website but there is a problem with the hosting !
here is the domainlink : https://webbymicla.22web.org
Also i have a problem to upload a video file to the htdocs of the website, when i try to upload it fail to save it in the htdocs of the website … its a mp4 file !

here is the problem :

Here is the article for the first problem:

(this same solution can also be applied to the generic 404 error page)

And here’s the article that explains the file size limit, what you’re experiencing when you upload your video:

So for the first problem try to create the htdocs folder or the webbymicla.22web.org/htdocs folder through the File Manager or your FTP client. For the second problem, if you want to upload a video, either compress it or use a file/video sharing service and link to the direct file hosted by them.

5 Likes

this is what i have :

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-27 184727

Obviously Linux servers are case-sensitive, so for that website to work the following folder name must be all lower-case:

7 Likes

okey i understand … i delete the file WebbyMiCla.22.org cause of the uppercase problems …
how can i fix now further the webite?

Now create a folder named webbymicla.22web.org EXACTLY AS IT IS WRITTEN HERE, then get inside that and create another folder named htdocs.

6 Likes

okey done!

Now get inside the folder and create another folder named htdocs.

4 Likes

Done!
Schermafbeelding 2023-08-27 192223

Now go inside the htdocs folder and create a file named index.html and put test in it. Of course you can upload your files in it instead.

8 Likes

now drink a cold beer

7 Likes

thanks but i upload all files again and also i use another videofile from youtube for the background video !
its working now perfect!

2 Likes

in code when you have a space in the name
then always use %20

href="Contact%20Me.html"

6 Likes

In all html documents it’s always a good idea to use lower case for all your links and file names. I usually leave out spaces too.

So use:

<a href=“filename.html”

Instead of

<a href=“File Name.html”

You will save yourself a lot of headaches by using this standard.

6 Likes

Everyone have their own favourite lol, I prefer here-are-some-word for my files, HTML classes and ids, and here_are_some_word for functions.

6 Likes

There was no need to reply to me for what you were gonna say, but it’s OK!

4 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t directing it towards you. I just saw your comment and wanted to add some stuff I learned the hard way over the years.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.