Problem Porint Custom Domain Across to ns2.epizy.com

Hi Guys
I am trying to moe my custom domain catangelrefuge.org.za to infinity, but my domains registrar says they are unable to to do the change to the dns pointer records as ns2.epizy.com does not accept update requests but ns1.epizy.com does.
PLEASE HELP !!!

@CatAngelRefuge welcome to the community!
The following doc might be useful, though your domain extension might not be listed, you may still be under the restrictions :frowning:.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @jaikrishna.t.The domain is catangelrefuge.org.za, the registar is domains.co.za. According to them ns1.epizy.com happily accepts what they need to do in order to do the pointer change, but ns2.epizy.com does not.

you can try ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org, they both point to the same.

Okays, thanks @jaikrishna.t

1 Like

If you are using byet, you need to use all 4.

Please set the following.

ns1.byet.net
ns2.byet.net
ns3.byet.net
ns4.byet.net

2 Likes

Hi @Greenreader9 and @jaikrishna.t
Okay, got hold of the guys currently holding the records and they say their system requires that the name servers I want to point to need to be authoritive and only ns1 epizy com and ns3 byet org report as authoritive but they return the records of their name servers and not the name servers you guys are using. I would really like to be able to move everything here and take advantage of the platform, so if we could possibly find a solution for this I would be very greatful.
Thanks.

What? What you wrote is confusing, can you be more clear?

Okay. the guys that handle the custom domain catangelrefuge.org.za say that in order to change their dns pointers to point to new name servers, they need a minimum of two authoritative name servers to point to for the domain whose pointers you want to change. So in other words if I want to point to ns1 epizy com and ns2 epizy com then both servers need to be authoritative for catangelrefuge.org.za and only ns1 epizy com is responding back authoritative but it is returning their dns servers instead of itself, same goes for ns1 byet org and ns2 byet org and ns3 byet org and ns4 byet org except that ns3 byet org is the only one responding back as being able to authorize but it is also returning their name servers instead of itself. That is the information that they gave me. I hope that makes more sense.

So in that case, only your domain registrar can assist you! Most registrar’s accept all MOFH nameservers.

Thanks @jaikrishna.t . But is there nothing that can be done on infinity’s side concerning the fact that infinity’s name servers always return domains.co.za 's name servers instead of themselves as being authoritative for ns1 epizy com and n3 byet org , and then for ns2 epizy com and ns1 byet org and ns2 byet org and ns4 byet org as responding as being no authoritve ?

1 Like

Idk what are you saying. Can you be more clear? Thanks!

Hi @jaikrishna.t
Okay, what is happening is as followings, when they try and update the records on their side to point to ns1 epizy com and ns2 epizy com , ns1 epizy com accepts the update but returns their name servers at the registar as being authoritative instead of itself, they say that ns1 epizy com needs to return itself as authoritative in order for them to be able to point to it, and ns2 epizy com does accept anything and does not respond as authoritative so they then can’t point to it. The same thing happens for ns1 and ns2 and ns3 and ns4 byet org with only ns3 byet org responding as authoritative but always return the registar’s name servers instead of itself.

1 Like

What I would say at last, its your registrar issue, there have been many cases when the .co.za. You should ask your registrar to set nameservers on your behalf or bypass the thing.

Thanks @jaikrishna.t what would be the quickest and easiest way of solving this and leaving my stupid registar domains co za out of the loop as they are being very difficult about it.

Would getting my isp to get create records for catangelrefuge org za that point to ns1 epizy com and ns2 epizy com and then having the registar point to my isp work and solve the problem ?

No, it would work for you only! Silly.

How old is the domain, the whois search I use, doesn’t return anything. Or, getting another tld is advisable (optional).

Hi @jaikrishna.t , I am not sure how old the domain is, I just recently got involved with helping catangelrefuge. If my ISP has public dns would it work ? And how would I go about getting another tld for the domain name ?

I suggest this. If your co.za domain is still under refund period, i would suggest you go for a .com or a .co