Problem downloading/uploading files with php

Website URL

hyperfleet.free.nf

Error Message

Curl error 52: Empty reply from server

Other Information

Hello all, I’ll preface this by saying I am extremely inexperienced with this sort of thing, so I hope you’ll bare with me!

I have a game that downloads and uploads small files to a server using php with an asset from the Unity store. The instructions are to simply place a php file in my file manager for the webspace and it will do its job.

I got this working with 000webhost, but recently they made some migrations, archived my site, a whole mess. I’m trying to do this on here, but it doesn’t seem to be as simple as it was on 000webhost.

I do the same instructions that used to work on 000webhost, I place the php file in the file manager, but whenever I call the functions to download or upload files, it gives me the error as listed above. Is there anything I can do to fix this? What’s the major difference between Infinity Free and 000webhost that is causing this problem? Thank you so much.

In short, our services are intended to be used with website hosting, not application hosting.

You can either purchase a custom domain and use it with CloudFlare (cheaper) or purchase premium hosting (dearer), in order to bypass this system.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.