Problem after uploading the file disappears

Website URL : https://rjp-tech-store.rf.gd/

Error Message : no error

Other Information :

I use filezilla to upload files to the server, and when I upload a small file, the process is completed successfully and everything is fine, but when I upload a large file of 30 mb or more, the process is completed successfully, but I cannot find the file. This is a problem I encountered, and I tried to transfer the same file to another server, and it was successful.

Welcome!

We have a limit of 10mb for most files, so your file is getting automatically deleted by the system after it gets uploaded.

What is the file type, and what is it being used for? There may be a way to either reduce the file size of split its contents across multiple files.

6 Likes

The file is a backup copy of the wordpress site and the extension is wpress

Because of the high amount of server resources that are required, we do not recommend the use of backup plugins here.

Please take a traditional backup from the WordPress installation, then import it here.

Note that even WordPress recommends that you take a manual backup of your site instead of relying on plugins:

5 Likes

Now I only have this file and I want to restore the site. How do I do that, what is the solution?

Unfortunately it is not possible to upload large files here, so you won’t be able to restore the site this way.

I’ve never really used WordPress before, so I am not sure if there is a way you can extract the file you have or something, perhaps someone else on the forum will be able to help you.

4 Likes

a quick search on google found this wpress file extractor for windows/os x that can extract the wpress file to your local machine

have a look at the extracted files and if it looks like the regular stuff then you should be able to upload the lot with filezilla

im not sure where the database file will be as ive never used wordpress backup like this

I hope it works out well for you, good luck :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

7 Likes

If you would rather not install special software to extract the backup, there is another way to work around it. You can install a web server on your own computer, like XAMPP, and install WordPress by hand on there. Then you can import your backup, and set up the site as desired.

Once you’ve configured the site to your liking locally, you can migrate the files and databases from your local web server to your hosting account with us.

7 Likes

Thanks, that’s a good way I didn’t think of that :blush:

Yes, thanks, that’s right. I will follow these stages with more research, and I hope you will succeed. Thank you very much :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.