Privacy Policy

Hi,
I want to know if infinityfree.net privacy policy effecting on visitors of my website too or just me ?
thx.

PS: i saw their PP but i didn’t understand it, that’s why i’m here

The privacy policy is mostly intended for the website owners, not the website visitors.

However, we do collect access logs on websites we host for usage calculations and security. Additionally, any information you collect from your visitors on your website is also stored on our systems, but that’s all up to your and your privacy policy.

well, to be honest with you, your privacy policy is trouble & i know because your servers is free so you selling data but i worried about my visitors are they will log too (like IPs/ location) & this privacy-unfriendly things or just users like me so my new question is what data of log & usage you saving ? & i can opt-out my visitors from it ?

waiting your reply :slight_smile:

@EsmailELBoB said:
well, to be honest with you, your privacy policy is trouble & i know because your servers is free so you selling data

For starters, we do not sell user data. We also don’t transfer user data for advertising purposes. We only collect some information we need to provide our services, which may also be transferred to our sub contractors so they can fulfill their obligations to us.

The privacy policy is quite draconic, but that’s primarily because iFastNet’s privacy policy is as well. We have to pass information to them and they collect information directly as well. I can’t make any solid guarantees, but I’m sure they don’t sell data either.

@EsmailELBoB said:
but i worried about my visitors are they will log too (like IPs/ location) & this privacy-unfriendly things or just users like me so my new question is what data of log & usage you saving ? & i can opt-out my visitors from it ?

Website access logs are collected on the servers, which contain IP addresses, URLs and timestamps. Virtually every website on the internet does this, and so do we. There used to be ways for website owners to access this data themselves, but that function is not available at this time.

And no, you cannot opt out from this. We use the log data to calculate usage data (like hits), and to be able to detect and stop hacking attempts and attacks. We simply cannot provide our service without these logs.

@Admin : we do not sell user data. We also don't transfer user data for advertising purposes

well, what this: Targeted ads or interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on our webpages and other websites, and based on the products you currently own. These offers will display as varying product banners presented to you while browsing. & This too: Serving advertisements ?

PS: i not shouting or fighting i just trying to clear for you what i thinking, i hope you take my words easy :slight_smile:

@EsmailELBoB said:
@Admin : we do not sell user data. We also don't transfer user data for advertising purposes

well, what this: Targeted ads or interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on our webpages and other websites, and based on the products you currently own. These offers will display as varying product banners presented to you while browsing. & This too: Serving advertisements ?

Please note that displaying advertisements doesn’t automatically mean we send your personal information to the advertising companies.

We use advertisement code from ad networks on our website (Google AdSense specifically). These ad networks generally collect data about your browsing behavior, like which pages you visit or which things you search for.

However, they collect that data all on their own. And (at least Google) specifically demands that no personal information is ever passed to them. They want to know what you do, not who you are.

So we can still show you ads without ever transferring user data to advertisers.

well, thx for replying & making it clear for me! + i asking you to not delete this post to make my website visitors see it to don’t feel scary about their privacy, thx :smiley: