Png files failed to upload using ftp

hi

when I am trying to upload my WP from my PC to the htdoc folder using FTP, i noticed that png, scss, and jpg files failed to transfer even they are less than 500 kB

is there a restriction on file type to upload?

There is, but not on

8 Likes

Please be more specific than “failed to transfer”

10 Likes

Perhaps it would help if you provided the transfer logs.

8 Likes

this is what I got :

|Status:|Resolving address of ftpupload.net|
|—|—|
|Status:|Connecting to 185.27.134.11:21…|
|Status:|Connection established, waiting for welcome message…|
|Response:|220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------|
|Response:|220-You are user number 737 of 6900 allowed.|
|Response:|220-Local time is now 01:33. Server port: 21.|
|Response:|220-This is a private system - No anonymous login|
|Response:|220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.|
|Status:|Plain FTP is insecure. Please switch to FTP over TLS.|
|Command:|USER if0_35741895|
|Response:|331 User if0_35741895 OK. Password required|
|Command:|PASS *********|
|Response:|230-Your bandwidth usage is restricted|
|Response:|230 OK. Current restricted directory is /|
|Command:|OPTS UTF8 ON|
|Response:|200 OK, UTF-8 enabled|
|Status:|Logged in|
|Trace:|Measured latency of 226 ms|
|Status:|Starting upload of D:\New folder (2)\html\wp-content\backups-dup-pro\imports\dup-installer-e073fcd-06093552\classes\validation\tests\class.validation.test.dbonly.iswordpress.php|
|Command:|CWD /htdocs/wp-content/backups-dup-pro/imports/dup-installer-e073fcd-06093552/classes/validation/tests|
|Response:|250 OK. Current directory is /htdocs/wp-content/backups-dup-pro/imports/dup-installer-e073fcd-06093552/classes/validation/tests|
|Command:|TYPE A|
|Response:|200 TYPE is now ASCII|
|Command:|PASV|
|Response:|227 Entering Passive Mode (185,27,134,11,68,118)|
|Trace:|Binding data connection source IP to control connection source IP 10.2.0.2|
|Command:|STOR class.validation.test.dbonly.iswordpress.php|
|Response:|421 Timeout|
|Error:|File transfer failed|
|Status:|Connection closed by server|
|Status:|Resolving address of ftpupload.net|

This seems that FTP is breaking at the point it’s switching to passive mode. Passive mode is good for almost all clients. However, some routers try to be “smart” and will try to “fix” FTP, and end up breaking it completely because of this.

This article has a few methods that may help:

The FTP ALG section in the article would be the best way to solve it. Alternatively, you could try to connect over a VPN instead to bypass your router messing with the FTP connection.

Also:

I completely agree. Please configure FileZilla to use “FTP over Explicit TLS” instead. You can configure this from the Site Manager (found under the File menu in the top bar). The Quickconnect will try to determine the best setting by default, which should be explicit TLS. But if there is a router or firewall in between that’s hijacking your FTP connection, your FTP connection may not be secure.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.