Php pages

Username: epiz_31427509

Hi there

Does this site support php pages as standard?

The php page I’ve added doesn’t upload after completing the online form. Not sure if it’s because I need to tweak my code or because the file type is not supported.

Many thanks

Rich

PHP is supported here, but if the the file is over 1MiB, it will be automatically deleted. To fix this, you can separate your files and include() them.

4 Likes

File is only 7k.

I’ve made some progress. I no longer get a blank page when the form is submitted but I’m still not receiving the data.

I’ve copied the code from another site I designed, which is hosted elsewhere and works fine. So that makes me think there’s something I need to do on this hosting account.

Cheers

Rich

Can you try enabling display_errors? It will give us an error message that we can use.

4 Likes

Can you share the PHP file that is called when the form is submitted? Also, if you could share the exact URL of the form that would be helpful as well.

Displaying PHP errors will only work if a PHP error is found. If the error is in the way your code is made, but not considered a PHP error, it will not show. That is why I ask to see the PHP file.

3 Likes

The file called is /investment.php. The form is submitted on www.kittieproductions.co.uk/investment.htm

Many thanks

Rich

Can you please copy and paste the contents of investment.php here?

Make sure to surround the code with these things:

~~~

2 Likes

I checked the script and what it does. Looking at the code, I assume that by “upload after completing the online form” you are referring to sending the email with details?

Because PHP mail() is effectively disabled on our servers, so sending emails like this doesn’t work. If you want to send email, you’ll need a third party email provider and something like PHPMailer to send messages with it:

3 Likes

Yes, spot on.

Ok, great. Thank you. I’ll look into it.

Kind regards

Rich

Hey

If I go premium with you guys, will it just start working?

Premium also includes webmail, yeah? Hosting the email part of the site at Migadu currently but setup is taking an age. We’ll need 10 addresses max.

Cheers

Rich

Yes, on premium hosting it will just work. PHP mail() is enabled on premium hosting, and you’ll also get email accounts, webmail, forwarders, IMAP, SMTP and everything else you’d expect.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.