Opencart

Trying to install opencart so I can get used to the software before purchasing a hosting plan but I can’t get MySQL to sync properly.

Error: could not make a database link using (“username”@sql204.infinity free.com)

Hoping someone can help.
Thanks in advance

I think they might be having some server issues going on right now:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, is there anyway I can confirm this ? Or is it just a case of waiting 24 hours

Sorry I’ve just seen your attachment :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Appears it’s back up and running but I’m still getting the same error

The only thing I can do is to link you to this article for your issue:

as you didn’t give your website URL and the error seems like was translated using a translation service, so it’s not the right one.

4 Likes

http://testerz.free.nf
It wasn’t translated, I just immured my username

Ommited

You didn’t set the password. The database password is not your Client Area password, and can be found by logging into your Client Area, clicking on the hosting account your domain is on, and on “Account Details” click on “Show/Hide” to show the password, then click it to select it all, copy it and paste it in the field. But since it doesn’t work, can you try sql204.byetcluster.com as database host instead, as that points to the correct IP for your database server?

5 Likes

That username and password is entered into the bottom panel isn’t it ?

Username and password of your hosting account are on the “Account Details” pane of the hosting account’s management home page for your hosting account in the Client Area if that’s what I understood. After you copied the password, go back to your website and input it in on the “Password” field during OpenCart’s installation.

3 Likes

Thank you very much that has sorted it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.