Ok, i'm stumped.. Cloudflare + godaddy with infinity free?...

I’ve got a custom DNS with godaddy that I want to link to my infinity free website.
But i want to run it through cloudflare.

So, as my understanding goes, I put cloudflare’s nameservers into godaddy, so, pointing a browser to www.website.com will go to cloudflare and then i suppose cloudflare is then supposed to go to website.epizy.com (but display as www.website.com)

So, my question is, how do i get cloudflare to talk to infinity free? do i need to change a Cname or something? or am i supposed to put the name servers ns1.epizy.com ns2.epizy.com into cloudflare?.. what’s the order of communication here?

If i didn’t have to use cloudflare i would be fine… but this extra step is all very confusing…

If you want to use Cloudflare and InfinityFree with your own domain name, I would recommend you do the following:

1. Add the domain name to your InfinityFree as a parked domain or addon domain. You’ll need to change your nameservers for that, but that’s only temporary.
  2. Add the domain name to Cloudflare (delete it first if it’s already on your Cloudflare account). Cloudflare will scan your DNS records and set the correct IP address for your domain.
  3. Change your nameservers to Cloudflare.

Instead of step 2 and 3, you can also use our Cloudflare integration. However, if you do want to sign up with Cloudflare yourself, you need to make sure our Cloudflare integration is disabled (otherwise you’ll break your website).

Wow. You explained more to me about how cloudflare works than their own website and customer support could combined. As an aside, I did everything right, just in the wrong order… and cloudflare was pointing to the godaddy servers instead of infinity free… Followed your advice and everything is as smooth as butter now.

Thanks Admin, you’re awesome.