New to hosting on a domain

Website URL

www.syndel.rf.gd

Error Message

403 Forbidden
Server or website configuration is blocking you from viewing this page

Other Information

This is my first time actually using a domain for the public to see my website, so i dont actually know if i’m doing it correctly, i believe i did the port forwarding correctly, i’ve uploaded the files in the correct area like it told me but i dont know if i have to do anything for the .htaccess file as it says i can make rules here

ive only got a basic site so far, title, nav and then body, nothing else to it but would like to know that i’m doing something wrong or just misses a few steps for the site to work

Please read

7 Likes

i’ve read through that just now, i’ve renamed my main or frist page to index.html, taken caps out of the start of the html files but still 403 forbidden, i even put " DirectoryIndex yourFile.html index.php index.html index.htm , where yourFile.html" into the .htaccess file like it said but still 403

Please clear the browser cache by pressing a few times Ctrl + F5 while viewing your website.

10 Likes

oh yes, the shortcut didnt work so i manually cleared in my browser settings and its showing like yours, thanks mate. now its time for me to fix the issues and do more work! :slight_smile:

Thank you

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.