Need help with the custom downloads

epiz_27406331

I need help with the custom downloads i mean that iupload a file on the folder htdocs and i try to download it (for testing to see if this works) it gives me some new file with the same name and i tried it before it worked then but now its not working please help and is this against rules or something, Thanks

Are you using the online FTP?
Try using filezilla, this might be a better choice

Here are some other online FTPs worth trying (optional)

https://www.onlineftp.ch/

3 Likes

if you think ftp is the problem then i should give it a try hope it works

tried downloading the file i uploaded with the ftp and it says connection refused

So, what do you see? Do you see any error message or anything else instead of the file being downloaded?

It downloads some another file with the same name but its not the size i uploaded the file

Can you please be a LOT more specific in your messages?

Many people, myself included, are happy to help you. But we need information from you to do so. So please include as many (relevant) details as possible. You can write long messages here, you don’t have to limit yourself to a single sentence.

Some relevant questions:

• What are the right size and actual size?
  • What else is different about the file? Can you tell if the contents match, at least partially?
3 Likes

ok the correct file is suppose 1.11Mb the download will be just 800 bytes and it would be corrupt if it was an archive otherwise the file won’t open

I think I know what may be going on here.

How are you downloading this file exactly? Are you downloading it by navigating to the file URL in a web browser? Or are you downloading it to some other piece of software?

If so, please note that we do not provide file hosting services, and that we run a security system that means only web browsers can access content hosted with us:

The 800 bytes you’re seeing roughly matches the size of the HTML/JS content being returned for the browser validation challenge.

If this is the case, the solution is simple: don’t use our website hosting for file sharing. Please upload the files to a file or image sharing service instead.

4 Likes

ok thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.