MySQL hostname still not online after a week

I set up a MySQL database around a week ago, I read that I’ll need to wait 72 hours for DNS caching to finish.
So I waited, and waited, and waited, and now a week later It’s still not online.
I also read Common MySQL Connection Errors which didn’t contain my issue.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

The hostname is sql310.infinityfree.com

Hi and welcome to the forum! If you’re trying to connect to the database remotely, please note that MySQL remote access is not available on free hosting.

7 Likes

I might as well go to another site if I can’t use MySQL without putting my entire PHP website on here.

Well, yes, we provide a website hosting service. The number 1 thing we provide is that you upload your entire PHP code so we can keep it online for you. The database is pretty much an optional extra to the PHP code hosting, not the other way around.

I don’t know where you are planning to host your PHP code if not with us, but you could check there if you can get a MySQL database in the same place. A short and fast connection to a database is mandatory if you want to have decent performance, so using different providers for PHP and MySQL is not a good idea in most cases.

3 Likes

Adding that some providers may not provide remote access to MySQL database for very obvious security reasons.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.