My website is blank whenever I try to access it

Website URL

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

(I had a myBB forum set up on my website, it worked fine but now for some reason whenever I try to access it I only see a blank page, I would like to know what could’ve caused this and how to fix it)

When I visit your website, I get an error 500:

8 Likes

Thanks, on firefox that didn’t appear, I followed the steps to get the real error and got this:

Fatal error : Uncaught TypeError: call_user_func_array(): Argument #1 ($callback) must be a valid callback, non-static method LightAvatars::getAvatars() cannot be called statically in /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_25179479/htdocs/inc/class_plugins.php:136 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_25179479/htdocs/inc/functions.php(24): pluginSystem->run_hooks(Array, ‘<!DOCTYPE html …’) #1 /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_25179479/htdocs/inc/functions.php(824): output_page(‘<!DOCTYPE html …’) #2 /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_25179479/htdocs/global.php(1104): error(‘This bulletin b…’) #3 /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_25179479/htdocs/index.php(18): require_once(‘/home/vol15_2/e…’) #4 {main} thrown in /home/vol15_2/epizy.com/epiz_25179479/htdocs/inc/class_plugins.php on line 136

Any idea on how can I fix it? It would be highly appreciated.

That error seems it’s just invalid code. Or at least code that’s not valid for PHP 8.2.

Which software are you using on your website, and which version? Or did you write this code yourself?

6 Likes

I was using myBB for my forum, I don’t remember which version exactly, I’m trying to see if there’s a way to check it with the forum being inaccessible.

Looking at the error message I feel like perhaps it has something to do with a plugin? Although I don’t know why a plugin would suddenly cause errors when previously it was all working fine and I didn’t change/update anything.

1 Like

Very strange. It might be a problem with the plugin, I think you should reinstall it. And even more strangely, my malwarebytes premium blocked this website due to riskware!

Seems like this plugin:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=646

The last update was in 2020, so it may be incompatible with PHP 8.2:

The fix might be easy, if you can find the “lightavatars.php” file, change line 306 to this:

public static function getAvatars(&$content)

Of course, I have no idea if the rest of the code is correct, or if the plugin will work as intended. It may be better to look for an alternative.

8 Likes

That worked thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.