My website addon domain

Hello there.

I have a website where I’m using the domain brownbricks.000.pe, and I want to use my own custom domain. I added the domain successfully through the addon domains section, and it’s almost 48 hours ago. It still hasn’t updated.

Do you know what the issue is?

What is the domain?

4 Likes

The domain I want to use is roblogs .net. I might’ve found the issue, but I don’t know how to fix it. The document root for the brownbricks.000.pe is the htdocs folder, and the document root for the roblogs.net domain is a folder called roblogs.net which is empty. Can I easily change the document root somehow?

Read this

5 Likes

Thank you, that makes sense. When I try to paste the htdocs folder in the roblogs.net folder, I get an error.
"Error during FTP download, at “/htdocs/.\Roblogs_files\pruebas1.png”: RETR command failed (path:/htdocs /.\Roblogs_files\pruebas1.png).

There are no file with the name pruebas1.png

Update: There was a file with the name, but I can’t delete it or do anything with it.

You can’t download, copy, paste, delete or do anything to the file

Please read this thread

2 Likes

Alright, thank you.

I have another question though- if I put all of the htdocs files into the new roblogs.net folder (which is linked to the addon domain I’m going to be using), how long would this take to update, and for the site to be visible through the roblogs.net domain?

This would depend on how fast is your internet connection

Read

4 Likes

I added the addon domain about 48 hours ago, but I just imported the htdocs files into the new roblogs.net folder. Is there still upto 72 hours left until it can be viewed?

5 Likes

If you added the addon domain 48 hours ago, then most likely DNS caching has already refreshed and you’re connecting to our servers. If so, any file changes should be visible instantly.

I checked your website and it seems to be working fine from here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.