My stream people said they could see no reason why this doesnt work

I really dont know you told me in a post on here Edwin was trying to help me which he was:) I never saw any problem with him so i dont know what else was happening.

You prob saw i was updating it before you posted but thankyou for trying i forgot about the php validation tools thank you for reminding me :slight_smile:

It would fail to load the stream as its been offline all-day as it has no function without the website which has been suspended again when it was no different than before the website people put this limit in place now am frightened to try and use it .

The reason the stream is offline is responsible for most of your errors above its not finished at all as its getting complicated somethings i dont understand either . I made complaint to ionos about limits which they are looking into . But I am trying to write website another way to remove all io but the stream. As no one has informed me what this I/O Limit is for.

Hugs Denise

i dont understand i am using notecard

I have no idea why you keep talking about IONOS about this. We have no relations with them. They can’t solve problems you have on a website that they don’t host.

Yes, we have. Repeatedly.

It’s disk I/O. It’s reading and writing to and from the storage of the server.

A quick look at your code gives me the impression that you’re using it to do chunked streaming of your music files. If so, that’s likely the cause of your high IO usage and subsequent suspensions.

We provide website hosting, not radio hosting. You’re free to host a supporting website with us for your radio station (with information about the station, live track lists, etc.), but you cannot host the radio streams with us. Please use a more suitable platform for that.

6 Likes

Thank you Admin for your comment’s which I note, However I should say firstly you have now for the first time defined disk usage as I/O Limit on “reading and writing to the server” . Is this recorded activity from a web page to the server? or is this FTP updates to the site?

What is this limit value of this threshold which you have skillfully not stated.

Why is there no graph showing this unsafe usage which your system detects

How can we prevent these suspensions for an event which is not graphically shown in control panel so we can avoid these repeat suspension

Secondly your company iFastNet placed a transaction filter on our services last year without proper reason being given . Was this additionally hitting this unspecified I/O limit ?

Thirdly my streaming services are lodged elsewhere where they are very stable I am very pleased with them , which are an expensive stable paid service . My services here on your site are not used as ‘a radio station’ your words to describe my use of your web service. Which you now call “chunked streaming” as the very PHP code you gave to restream would not provide and read write functionality. You have said that this limit is i/o with your webservers reading or writing to the severs that any “chunked reading” to process id3 would not write any information to the local server. Other than potential permissible SQL transaction.

fourthly you informed me presumably within your rules that to make my web site compliant with use as secure https website I would need to restream my stream signal.
As you seem to infer that this new imposed limit by IFastNet instead of resolving the problem I pointed out with monsta editor which places the edit menu of the top of the screen off the screen. It is confusing then that you would go to expense to place a new I/O limit rather than fix a fault which you have been advised off! You must be aware that in this community people are leaving because the answers which are being given to them on other threads in this community? This is very sad as you are loosing some cleaver individuals

As this is IONOS as I signed up with and as a IONOS customer I am quite aware you run this forum as InfinityFree and web serves are run from IFastNet allegedly not InfinityFree. allegedly not IONOS.

My code which you said you looked at, is not trying to record mp3 files on your servers quite the opposite as i have no requirement for this. Simply put IFastNet has placed restriction on everything on web services that I am trying to obtain all this dynamic HTML information from my signal and not save anything local to local web server which you call this I/O Limit on “reading and writing to the server”

I also would point out you stated "One of the limits enforced by InfinityFree is the “IO limit”. have you just said that your company is iFastNet? You also did not mention IONOS. Is IONOS obtaining serves from InfinityFree and IFastNet for its customer’s?

{{Hugs }}
Denise x

Admin , Can we be clear here as to the definition of ''radio station" A radio station is an installation consisting of one or more transmitters or receivers, etc, used for radiocommunications as terrestrial licensed transmission by a transmitter over a frequency given out by licensee. Please note this is not what service I provide by using your web services currently!

No, this is not the first time. All your questions about the limits are covered in our KB article about it which you yourself linked to in that other topic.

Again, please read the article about the limit. It answers many common questions, including some of yours:

It’s secret. And even if I told you, say, the limit is 512 kB/s with a fault limit of 1000 (arbitrary numbers), how exactly do you suppose that information would help you?

You can find the IO limit usage graph in the control panel.

As I’ve told you many times before: we did not place a router filter or transaction filter. All the limits you’ve experienced are limits that have been there from the start. I don’t know why it worked before and stopped working after, but I guarantee you that it’s not because of a change we made to your site.

OK, then I have no idea what the code you shared is doing.

Just for clarity: where is the ID3 extraction happening? Is that data being extracted somewhere else and then transmitted to your website, or does the metadata extraction process run on our hosting?

I can’t make sense of this statement.

• No new limits have been installed.
  • Yes, using HTTPS is allowed. If it wasn’t, we would consciously build and offer specific features to get SSL certificates and install them.
  • I don’t know what “fault” you are referring to that we supposedly should fix. Again, we didn’t install any new limits or filters or whatever other malicious act you accuse us of having done to you.

Again, we have absolutely no relation to IONOS. They don’t supply us and (as far as I know) we don’t supply them. There is zero relationship between our services. So of course we don’t mention IONOS: we don’t mention companies we have zero relation with.

If you want to get services from them, you’re free to do so. But they cannot help you with the hosting you get from us and vice versa.

And no, there is no relation between an “IO limit” and “IONOS”. IO is short for “input/output”, which is a common term in the context of computers, as evidenced by the Wikipedia article about it: Input/output - Wikipedia

You’re live streaming music. I thought “internet radio station” was a decent description of what you did. If you would prefer I use another term, please let me know.

7 Likes

I looked at your last post with the code,
but now that you mentioned it, I went to see your edited first post on this topic

so here is the result

I assume that you have some parts defined somewhere in another file or ?
It’s hard to give an answer at all when we don’t have insight into all the files and codes you have.

That’s why it’s best to have an IDE and check all the code
maybe even install a 30-day phpStorm trial
and then you correct all the errors you have.

search on Google :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes @Oxy i have two other class parts on the server that this class reads too

<?php
namespace SHOUTcast;

require "http_streaming.php";
require "http_request_message.php";
require "http_reponse_message.php";

Ide is RedHat ? Also the server was not updated as i could not get update on it as ftp was disabled

No, keep trying… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am scared too , since your Infinity new control panel put limit on unlimited website and they will not inform me a new threshold value or a graph that i can check to see this is not occurring. Therefore i cannot determine this is happening before my website services are blocked this is wholly unfair. It is not sufficient to block access my site for ten (10 )or more hours if you cannot provide me with something i can physically check to see if i am near this new threshold.

Hugs D x

Did IF really claim to be so? I highly doubt it.
Free is free. It cannot be unlimited.

This is to prevent people from gaming the system

As for IO limits, take note

5 Likes

@KangJL its is not on my control panel showing a graph of usage I thought i was being clear sorry I have written to IONOS who I originally signed up with. as do not think this is fair ! I dont believe i can run anything on the site without breaking this secret limit currently i believe i was writing to disk ever 3mins which does not seem excessive . Now I am left to try read this from stream but can locate what "oxy is referring too to debug the code

Hugs D

Yes, there is. If you go to the Account Statistics page, you’ll see graphs for all metrics, including IO usage.

This graph has been there from the start.

Yes, the IO usage is not listed in the sidebar. The sidebar doesn’t show all metrics. Actually, the sidebar doesn’t show graphs at all, all the graphs have always been only on the Account Statistics page.

Again, IONOS cannot help you with this. Your website is hosted with us, not with them. Just because you may have or have had services with them before doesn’t mean that they can support a website that they don’t host.

It’s not a secret limit. Just because you weren’t aware of it doesn’t mean it’s secret. There is an article in our knowledge base, accessible to everyone, that explains exactly what this limit means, and every account has a graph displaying their usage over time in the control panel. We display this limit just as publicly as we do most other limits.

5 Likes

Well am trying to find it sorry for my lack of abilities . I have downloaded Visual Studio as not getting any direction well I dont understand how signing up with IONIS got me with you . Perhaps they can explain as its a bit confusing. I still dont think i can run anything on my site a single day of testing sent it over this limit what ever it it is. Previous to this this same code had been running for a whole week upon week without reaching this limit which changed last week. Any way I am trying to make the best of it here as there is always a way forward if you look for it

@Admin Admin I dont see any point of having an argument. I could provide email from Fri, Dec 16, 4:47 AM by Lee Johnston of Wildcard Net:, but that wont solve anything as we moved past it at that time . I am trying to focus on a better way forward that works with my stream no recording any data other than sql certainly not producing i/o which is now restricted. I was informed to get an IDE I hope Visual Studio is what was meant?

@Oxy Also I loaded the files into Studio and it said it had no issues or errors but get this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘->’ (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/vol1_2/epizy.com/epiz_33087480/htdocs/stream/lib/stream.php on line 183

it seems to be stopping here
[183] if(substr($tag,0,3) == “id3” ) {
[184] if(substr($tag,4,6) == “v22”) {
[185] )
[186] } else if(substr($tag,4,6) == “v23”){
[187]
[188] }
[189]
[190] }

Sigh gives up going to HTTPs cant understand this code it only seems to step through 8192 chunk not even reading headers. This said if its dumping this all why does it not play ? Is it missing the headers on each 8192 bytes?

$url = "http://".$server.":".$port."/".$mount;

class MetadataBlock {
    private $expected_length, $content;
    public $ID3 =  array(
    "ID3" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 3),
    "Version" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 2),
    "Flag" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 1),
    "SizeTag" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 4, BinaryFileReader::INT)
    );
    public $ARTMAP =  array(
    "TextEncoding" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 1),
    "MimeType" => array(BinaryFileReader::NULL_TERMINATED),
    "FileName" => array(BinaryFileReader::NULL_TERMINATED),
    "ContentDesc" => array(BinaryFileReader::NULL_TERMINATED),
    "BinaryData" => array(BinaryFileReader::EOF_TERMINATED)
    );
    public $ALLTAGS =  array(
    "FrameID" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 4),
    "Size" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 4, BinaryFileReader::INT),
    "Flag" => array(BinaryFileReader::FIXED, 2),
    "Body" => array(BinaryFileReader::SIZE_OF, "Size"),
    );

private $id3v23 = array("TIT2","TALB","TPE1","TRCK","TDRC","TLEN","USLT");
    private $id3v22 = array("TT2","TAL","TP1","TRK","TYE","TLE","ULT");

/**
     * Creates a new empty MetadataBlock with the given $expected_length.
     * The actual content can be added using the write() method.
     */
    public function __construct($expected_length) {
      $this->content = '';
      $this->expected_length = $expected_length;
    }

public function expected_length() {
      return $this->expected_length;
    }

public function write($buffer) {
      $this->content .= $buffer;
    }

public function content() {
      return $this->content;
    }

public function length() {
      return strlen($this->content);
    }

/**
     * Determines if the metadata block is complete. A metadata block is completed
     * when its content has at least $expected_length bytes of data.
     * https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wmformat/id3-tag-support
     */
    public function is_complete() {
      return $this->remaining_length() == 0;
    }

public function remaining_length() {
      return $this->expected_length - $this->length();
    }
    public function stream_title() {
      if (!$this->is_complete())
        throw new \Exception("The Title is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TIT1"); // title
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TIT1", $start);
      return substr($this->content, $start, $end-$start);
    }public function stream_author() {
        throw new \Exception("The Authur is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TPE2"); //Author
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TPE2", $start);
    }
    public function stream_album() {
        throw new \Exception("The Album is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TALB");      // The structure of the TALB (Album) text frame
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TALB", $start);
    }
    public function stream_genre() {
        throw new \Exception("The Genre is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TCON");      // Genre 
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TCON", $start);
    }
    public function stream_comment() {
        throw new \Exception("The comment is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TCOM");      // Comment
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TCOM", $start);
    }
    public function stream_year() {
        throw new \Exception("The comment is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TYER");       // Year
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TYER", $start);
    }  
    public function stream_duration() {
        throw new \Exception("The duration is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TLEN");       // Duration
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TLEN", $start);
    } 
    public function stream_bpm() {
        throw new \Exception("The bpm is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("TBPM");      // Beats per Minute.
      $end = strpos($this->content, "TBPM", $start);
    }
    public function stream_listeners() {
        throw new \Exception("The listeners is not complete yet");
      $start = strlen("LISTENERS=");
      $end = strpos($this->content, ";", $start);
    } 
    public function stream_song_cover() {
         $start = strlen("APIC");
         $end = strpos($this->content, "APIC", $start);
    }

public function stream_lyrics() {

$start = strlen("USLT");
         $end = strpos($this->content, ";", $start);
    }
}

// Begin SHOUTcast Principle control
class stream {
    private $metadata, $next_metadata_position, $icy_metaint, $mp3, $stream_bytes_count = 0;
    private $length,$duration,$tag;
    private $expected_length, $content;
    private $options, $default_options = array(
      'path'               => '.',
      'split_tracks'       => false,
      'max_track_duration' => 3600, #sec (1 h)
      'max_track_length'   => 102400000 #bytes (100 mb)
    );
    public $title;
    public function __construct($options=array()) {
      $this->options = array_merge($this->default_options, $options);
    }

public function start($url) {
      $http_streaming = new HttpStreaming($url);

$http_streaming->open();
      $response_message = $http_streaming->response_message();
      var_dump($response_message);
      $this->icy_metaint = $response_message->icy_metaint();

$this->next_metadata_position = $this->icy_metaint; //8192 value lenghth of frames

while ($buffer = $http_streaming->read_stream()) {
        $this->length += strlen($buffer);
        if (!$this->process_received_buffer($buffer) || $this->are_limits_reached()) break;
      }
    }

private function are_limits_reached(){
        //return false;
        return  $this->length >= $this->options['max_track_duration'];
    }
    private function process_received_buffer($buffer) {
      $buffer_len = strlen($buffer);
      $this->stream_bytes_count += $buffer_len;
      var_dump( $buffer);
      return TRUE;

}
}

?>

Also what does this represent as i cant make any head or tail of it the axis make no sense

Out of all the IDEs, you chose the biggest one (unless it is VS Code)
listen, it’s a tool to help you
and you must know that it is not so smart that it fully understands your program and that it automatically knows what is defined in another file, etc.
so don’t pay attention to everything it tells you,
use common sense and of course, you will gain some experience over the years
so you will better understand if there is a problem or not.

If nothing else, you won’t have problems with unclosed brackets or quotes and other things you often did in your php/js code.

6 Likes

Well the graph looks wrong i have not used the site since suspension until today it shows reading for tomorrow which has not happened yet