My free subdomain is trying to redirect me to a domain I tried adding

Website URL

inessescandles.epizy.com/wp-admin/

Error Message

This site can’t be reached

inessescandles.com took too long to respond.

Other Information

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I was or am doing.

I was trying to add a new domain to InfinityFree and change the free subdomain that InfinityFree gives you to the domain I purchased. Firstly I added it to the control panel. Then I tried to move my website from the subdomain to the new domain. As I didn’t know what I was doing I went into WordPress settings and changed something that had my old subdomain to my new domain but of course it did not work. Now every time I try to enter my subdomains WordPress dashboard it redirects me to my new domain and just doesn’t load. I removed my new domain from the control panel and removed the name servers.

How can I enter my old subdomains WordPress dashboard without deleting the website?

No, you did not. This is what I see

Please set it to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com then add domain to hosting account

Likely this?

3 Likes

Thank you!

I did change the name servers, but then I removed them. Now I added them, and it works.

What do I need to change to make the URL inessescandles.com and not inessescandles.epizy.com?

1 Like

The article linked above should be all you need:

Well, for starters, you will need to add the .com domain to your account here. This is how you can do that:

Seeing how you want to use an existing site, I recommend adding your domain as as Parked Domain to your account, making it an alias of your free subdomain.

After that, you can just change the site URL through the WordPress admin panel.

1 Like

Thank you! It worked.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.