My domain name is assigned to an account not owned by me

catalun.com

I’m trying to create my first hosting account but when I try to set the custom domain, this error is displayed: " The selected custom domain is already in use on InfinityFree. Please remove the custom domain from your other account at InfinityFree before you can add it to a new account."

The domain checker displays this error: " The domain is assigned to an InfinityFree account, but not an account owned by you."

I haven’t created hosting accounts yet and I don’t have other accounts with a different email. I registered the domain yesterday (November 12, 2022).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome!

The domain’s old owner probably had it connected to their account.

Please contact support.iFastNet.com (You will have to create an account) and request that the domain be removed from its old account.

3 Likes

I contacted iFastNet support and they replied:

Hi there,
catalun.com is assigned to an active / online account, this can not be by chance !
Thank you and stay safe !
Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

I remember that yesterday, I tried to create the hosting account, that error wasn’t displayed, just checked the availability and it looked ok, but I didn’t finish creating the account because I was afraid in case the domain was not pointing to InfinityFree nameservers yet.

That’s the thing: it got added to the account after the domain was recently re-registered. So while iFastNet may not have any quarrel with removing the domain from an old account, this account isn’t.

Looking at the domain itself, it seems more likely that the domain is yours than theirs, so I removed the domain from the other account and created an account for you instead.

There are some odd things going on here, but I’ll discuss that with iFastNet.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.