MX do not change

I can’t change the MX to mx.epizy.com …after I change it, it keeps asking me to change it again in mail forward. 

Emails broken at all, so it could be related to this issue

From https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-set-your-mx-record/

The MX records are configured correctly but you still see the notification

The notification about the MX record is always shown, regardless of the MX records configured for your domain. If you have confirmed your MX records are correct, you can safely ignore the warning.

Admin said:
From https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-set-your-mx-record/

The MX records are configured correctly but you still see the notification

The notification about the MX record is always shown, regardless of the MX records configured for your domain. If you have confirmed your MX records are correct, you can safely ignore the warning.

There is a MX record that is there by default with priority zero and I can't remove it moreover when I add other MX record it don't work does it need 24H to work or it's because of the default MX or it's just broken ?
Mohannad said:
Admin said:
From https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-set-your-mx-record/

The MX records are configured correctly but you still see the notification

The notification about the MX record is always shown, regardless of the MX records configured for your domain. If you have confirmed your MX records are correct, you can safely ignore the warning.

There is a MX record that is there by default with priority zero and I can't remove it moreover when I add other MX record it don't work does it need 24H to work or it's because of the default MX or it's just broken ?
What do you see when you try to remove that MX record? Does it say "MX Records cannot be altered on subdomains"? If so, we have an article about that as well: https://infinityfree.net/support/mx-records-cannot-be-altered-on-subdomains/

In short, it's intentional, and the default MX does not affect any of your websites.
Admin said:
Mohannad said:
Admin said:
From https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-set-your-mx-record/

The MX records are configured correctly but you still see the notification

The notification about the MX record is always shown, regardless of the MX records configured for your domain. If you have confirmed your MX records are correct, you can safely ignore the warning.

There is a MX record that is there by default with priority zero and I can't remove it moreover when I add other MX record it don't work does it need 24H to work or it's because of the default MX or it's just broken ?
What do you see when you try to remove that MX record? Does it say "MX Records cannot be altered on subdomains"? If so, we have an article about that as well: https://infinityfree.net/support/mx-records-cannot-be-altered-on-subdomains/

In short, it's intentional, and the default MX does not affect any of your websites.
I did as said in the link but I still can't receive, send, or forward emails. Is it a problem with the service?

https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/4784/email-account-webmail-forwarders-issues/p1

MrJunior said:
https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/4784/email-account-webmail-forwarders-issues/p1
Thank you