Moving Domain Not Working

Website URL obviousinvestor.com

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message: 403 Forbidden - Server or website configuration is blocking you from viewing this page

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

I am trying to move my website from another hosting provider (Hostinger). I changed the nameservers over there to point at IF name servers and when I ping my domain name it says it’s pinging the IP address of the website I set up with IF, however there is no response to the ping. I move my other domain (obviousinvestor.co.uk) to the same website (again from Hostinger) and it worked just fine.

Any thoughts on what’s going on please?

Hi and welcome to the forum

5 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for this, hopefully this is the issue. The problem now is; I can’t get the domain to point to /hdocs which has my website in it, the domain manager will only let me point it to obviousinvestor.com/htdocs which has nothing in it. Any thoughts on how I might change that please?

You can’t change it without creating a new account, but you can just move the files. I’m not sure if you can do it in the file manager (But you should be able to do it with a desktop FTP client like FileZilla).

Move the files (Don’t copy, it will take 10x longer) from /htdocs to //htdocs

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.