Migration of Wordpress site to new server and domain

Hello,

I have been trying to move a website to projektai.ga
I have followed all of the steps described here: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-migrate-your-website/
but now when I try to open my website I get following message:

***Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at ***. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums. *******

Now I have checked wp confing file to make sure that it has right credentials according to my database and everything seems to match. Do you have any suggestion what I`m doing wrong? I have checked forums and read that people usually are putting wrong password, but I do not think this is the case since I copied it from the client area under my account.

I have also edited WordPress option file so it is pointing to the new url. The only thing that I am considering is that I haven`t copied .softaculous file to my new hosting server. Is it necessary?

Any help would be very appreciated.

You migrated to another account? Or just another domain that hosted on the same account?

@MrJunior said:
You migrated to another account? Or just another domain that hosted on the same account?

Hey MrJunior,

I have migrated to another account(new domain).

If it’s another account, did you create new database on it and import your old one?
And you 100% sure that database credentials is right according to your new account?

Yes, I have created a new database and imported old sql database using phpMyadmin, later I uploaded wordpress files to htdocs folder and edited credentials in wp confing according to my new account. Then I have also edited WordPress option file so it is pointing to the new url.

Could you try enabling debug mode in WordPress, refresh the page and copy the error message being shown then? That error message should give a bit more information about why the connection fails.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG
https://infinityfree.net/support/common-mysql-errors/

Hello Admin,

Thank you for your suggestions. This is the message that I get. i double checked credentials and they are fine.

___Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ‘epiz_22834993’@‘192.168.2.191’ (using password: YES) in /home/vol11_2/epizy.com/epiz_22834993/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1531

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/vol11_2/epizy.com/epiz_22834993/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1562

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user ‘epiz_22834993’@‘192.168.2.191’ (using password: YES) in /home/vol11_2/epizy.com/epiz_22834993/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1562

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at sql205.epizy.com. This could mean your host’s database server is down._

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.__

I have checked your website’s configuration and the password in the WordPress config file does not match your hosting account password. You can find the password for the specific hosting account in the client area (note that a hosting account password is not the same as a client area password).

Thank you for checking my website’s configuration. Maybe I am wrong but according to what I can see it should be right password. I go to client area>>click on account that I`m hosting this domain projektai.ga>> manage account>> under account details I can choose hide/show password. This password is written in my wp config file. Am I searching in a right place?

@stebut said:
Thank you for checking my website’s configuration. Maybe I am wrong but according to what I can see it should be right password. I go to client area>>click on account that I`m hosting this domain projektai.ga>> manage account>> under account details I can choose hide/show password. This password is written in my wp config file. Am I searching in a right place?

That’s the right place, yes. However, the password I see in your client area is not the same as what I see in the config file. Specifically, it looks like you added a few additional characters to the start of the password in the WordPress config. Please double check the password is exactly the same.

Hmmm… It`s strange that you can see extra symbols before the password. I have checked again and the password in wp config file looks exactly the same for me as in control panel. I have tried before changing this password but it did not solve the issue…

@stebut said:
Hmmm… It`s strange that you can see extra symbols before the password. I have checked again and the password in wp config file looks exactly the same for me as in control panel. I have tried before changing this password but it did not solve the issue…

Please keep in mind that special characters are not allowed in hosting account/database passwords. So if you see special characters, the password cannot be correct.

Thank you, there are no special characters in the password. Would you be able to enter password in wp config file from my Client Area, because it does not work for me?

Okay I have installed WordPress from scratch on another server and found a mistake in my password, thank you so much for the help.