Mailbox Limit?

I just noticed that there was a pie chart icon at the bottom of (roundcube) mail service. My inbox has approx. 9 MB of total attachment and shows 49% (I presume this is space limit)

Did check KB, but they only talk about SMTP and Gmail stuff.

Question is, how much space do I have until it’s full? And what happen to incoming mails after it’s maxed out; does it failed (like common mail services where sender are notified about failure of sending message), or does the mail is “arrived” but automatically deleted?

@Joo_Nath said:
I just noticed that there was a pie chart icon at the bottom of (roundcube) mail service. My inbox has approx. 9 MB of total attachment and shows 49% (I presume this is space limit)

Question is, how much space do I have until it’s full? And what happen to incoming mails after it’s maxed out; does it failed (like common mail services where sender are notified about failure of sending message), or does the mail is “arrived” but automatically deleted?

This is new, never heard of this until now.
I’ll be looking for something that I may help you.
And also can you provide screenshot of the limit graph?

@UnknownLolz said:

@Joo_Nath said:

Yes, thats also new to me.
But I remember that Admin had said something when we were talking about Inode Limit, that it somehow is related to email accounts. Could this be an explanation?

Oh I also might have remembered about the TOS.
Something said that InfinityFree might provide unlimited bandwidth, storage or stuffs but actually there are limits on storage just like the inode limit.

Section 10 and 11 on the TOS might be the case.
Please read the TOS guys and maybe it’s the case.

These are my highlights:

1. SCRIPT USAGE TERMS
    Scripts on the site must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.

The primary purpose of any script must be to produce a web page. Scripts that send a single email based upon user entered information, or update a database are acceptable. Scripts that send bulk email or perform processor intensive database processes are not allowed. All outgoing mail is monitored and filtered and must be sent to or from a InfinityFree-hosted domain.

1. USAGE OF DISK SPACE TERMS
    InfinityFree offers large web space and bandwidth with hosting accounts. By this, we mean space for legitimate web site content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site.

@UnknownLolz said:
These are my highlights:

1. SCRIPT USAGE TERMS
    Scripts on the site must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.

The primary purpose of any script must be to produce a web page. Scripts that send a single email based upon user entered information, or update a database are acceptable. Scripts that send bulk email or perform processor intensive database processes are not allowed. All outgoing mail is monitored and filtered and must be sent to or from a InfinityFree-hosted domain.

1. USAGE OF DISK SPACE TERMS
    InfinityFree offers large web space and bandwidth with hosting accounts. By this, we mean space for legitimate web site content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site.

Good one!
Its a shame that we can’t receive Infinite email, but it is free after all so I am not complaining.

Picture is not actually necessary, but since you’re asking, here’s the screenshot

Note: I already deleted the 9 MB mail, and it goes down to 0%. So it’s confirmed then.

@ChrisPAR said:

@UnknownLolz said:

@Joo_Nath said:

But I remember that Admin had said something when we were talking about Inode Limit, that it somehow is related to email accounts. Could this be an explanation?

I don’t think inodes have anything to do with mail storage since they only responsible for counting the file amount inside (htdocs) server. CMIIW

@UnknownLolz said:
These are my highlights:

1. SCRIPT USAGE TERMS
    Scripts on the site must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server…

Yeah, but this doesn’t explain specifically on how much our free hosting can handle incoming mails, and what happened to mails after we get maxed out

@Joo_Nath said:
Question is, how much space do I have until it’s full?

I’d have to check, but if 9 MB is 49%, then that would mean the limit is 20 MB per mailbox.

@Joo_Nath said:
And what happen to incoming mails after it’s maxed out; does it failed (like common mail services where sender are notified about failure of sending message), or does the mail is “arrived” but automatically deleted?

No, then the email would bounce and the sender would be notified.

@ChrisPAR said:

@UnknownLolz said:

@Joo_Nath said:

With cPanel, this is true, as emails get stored as files on your hosting account. But on InfinityFree the emails are stored elsewhere, so they are not counted against your hosting storage usage.

Okay, so it should not be more than 20MB and will be bounced back once it’s full. Thanks for info and help everyone.