Lost 2FA reset code and my phone reset so I lost 2FA app as well

Account Email; [email protected]
Account Name; JayyKashta

I can provide more detail if possible and I have access to the email so if Support can help me get my account back that would be amazing since I am running my Website of that account.

Sorry, bet there is no way for us to help you. This is why you should always store the recovery codes in a secure place where you can access them when needed.

8 Likes

That doesn’t sound right, cant you just remove the 2FA once I have proved that I own that account? Jagex, Google, Microsoft all have these capabilities and even more companies do, even ENEBA has the ability to remove 2FA if lost, bad design if true thank you for losing my account because I don’t own 10 pcs and my pc and phone was reset…

1 Like

Hey there, buddy best thing is to wait for the admin!

4 Likes

that wasn’t an admin? why would he comment that?

He’s the leader, but the admin has the privilege to manage accounts because he is the owner.

See this thread

And this is admin’s reply

9 Likes

https://medium.com/@N/how-i-lost-my-50-000-twitter-username-24eb09e026dd

5 Likes

We say it very clearly on the 2FA activation screen:

• If you lose your authentication device and lose your recovery codes, you will lose your account.
  • Do not store the recovery codes on just your phone, because if you lose your phone, you’ll lose access to your account.

You did the thing we told you not to, and now you’re experiencing the consequences we warned you for.

Like I explained in the post @KangJL linked to: 2FA is a security measure, and secures measures only work if you apply them correctly and completely, not when you disable them the moment they become inconvenient.

It’s not difficult. Many authentication apps have cloud backup options so you won’t lose the codes if the phone is wiped. And you don’t need a sophisticated storage solution for the recovery codes. Just stored it anywhere else than your phone. On your PC, in your password manager, even a password protected Word document in Dropbox does the trick.

Unlike Google and Facebook, we don’t have our app installed on your phone which we can send a push notification to to authenticate you. We also don’t know your phone number, so we can’t authenticate you through a text message. We’re also not going to ask you for a government issued ID, because we don’t have enough personal information to confirm that whoever is uploading the ID is the person who created the account.

We try to apply good privacy practices and not have more information about you than we need. We also try to apply good security practices by making sure our authentication is actually airtight. The consequence is that you either need your code generator or a recovery code, or you won’t be able to login.

So I’m sorry, but I cannot help you with this.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.