Just registered for website and need advice, also not sure if what I want to do will be acceptable.

Hi, I new to this service and after reading through some of the posts, I am not sure if I will be able to do what I wish to do here on a free site. Please understand at the beginning that I probably will never monetize this site, quite possibly will never get it off the ground. It’s just something that I’ve wanted to for quite some times, have tried to do several times, and well, the fun is in the creation.
So, anyways, what I am trying to do is create a site for the artisans and crafters in my area to be able to showcase their work, meet and share with other in the area, possibly find a few customers. I want them to be able to communicate with each other. I want potential customers to have a reason to stop in and figure a nice selection of articles written by both myself and those crafters I am hoping to find will fill that need. I do want those visitors to be able to send a message to any crafter who they might wish to purchase something off of. which is why I am wondering if this will be acceptable.
I would be using something like joomla and community builder for this but I haven’t really decided if that will be the combination or if I will be using something else.

If that is acceptable, I have another question, or two… I am under the impression that I could make this site under a subdomain and when (or if) I am ready, I could point a .com domain to it and it would act like a stand alone site? thus leaving a small section for something else? Am I right here.

The next question (or maybe it’s a gripe)…
I wouldn’t be asking all this on the forums possibly if I could read your terms of service. I am an older person with not so great eyesight who seems to have trouble reading light font on light backgrounds. I assume I ain’t the only one with this problem so I just thought I’d let you know. I can’t read your terms of service.

Thank you for any assistance, and well, please don’t read this and just terminate my account for asking the questions, if I can’t do what I want, I still would like to play on it some…

Hi, I new to this service and after reading through some of the posts, I am not sure if I will be able to do what I wish to do here on a free site. Please understand at the beginning that I probably will never monetize this site, quite possibly will never get it off the ground. It’s just something that I’ve wanted to for quite some times, have tried to do several times, and well, the fun is in the creation.
So, anyways, what I am trying to do is create a site for the artisans and crafters in my area to be able to showcase their work, meet and share with other in the area, possibly find a few customers. I want them to be able to communicate with each other. I want potential customers to have a reason to stop in and figure a nice selection of articles written by both myself and those crafters I am hoping to find will fill that need. I do want those visitors to be able to send a message to any crafter who they might wish to purchase something off of. which is why I am wondering if this will be acceptable.
I would be using something like joomla and community builder for this but I haven’t really decided if that will be the combination or if I will be using something else.

I don’t see any reason why that wouldn’t be allowed. As long as you don’t have any real time chat, there’s nothing to worry about.

If that is acceptable, I have another question, or two… I am under the impression that I could make this site under a subdomain and when (or if) I am ready, I could point a .com domain to it and it would act like a stand alone site? thus leaving a small section for something else? Am I right here.

You can add your own domain names to your account at any time. You can add them as Addon Domains, in case they will be separate websites, or Parked Domains, in which case they’ll be added to your main website.

The next question (or maybe it’s a gripe)…
I wouldn’t be asking all this on the forums possibly if I could read your terms of service. I am an older person with not so great eyesight who seems to have trouble reading light font on light backgrounds. I assume I ain’t the only one with this problem so I just thought I’d let you know. I can’t read your terms of service.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try to get that updated (do something like make the text darker to make it more readable).

In the mean time, you could just copy select and copy the entire text from the page and paste it in a text or document editor on your own computer. That way you can just change the fonts, size and colors so it’s easier for you to read.

Thank you for any assistance, and well, please don’t read this and just terminate my account for asking the questions, if I can’t do what I want, I still would like to play on it some…

Of course we won’t delete accounts just for asking a question!

Thank you…