Issues getting site up

My website URL is: lafayettefire.org

What I’m seeing is default web site page saying Sorry…

I have tried on Chrome and Firefox. I have done sites before but the structure is not what I am used to seeing. I usually had public_html and then the folder. I have changed my home.html to index.html and no go. I know it is something obvious, but I am missing something.

Your website loads fine; you simply need a index.php or index.html file to get started.

2 Likes

I have an index.html within the lafayettefire.org folder. Do I need one elsewhere?

You need to move the files from that folder to the main htdocs folder in order for your website to work without showing a Directory Listing.

2 Likes

I just checked your domain, and I see the “Sorry!” page as well. However, it’s important to note that this is a cPanel error page, and we don’t use cPanel.

The reason you see this (and other people don’t) is because your nameserver settings are incorrect. Please check your nameserver settings at NameSilo and make sure ONLY the two epizy.com nameservers are there. All other nameservers have to be removed, or you will get issues like this.

2 Likes

So I don’t need the subfolder lafayettefire.org? Just all the files in the htdocs folder?

I did what was recommended and it is alive!! Needed to clear my cache to see it.

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.