Issue with backup

Website URL

quartztag.com

Other Information

So basically the old url was quartztag.rf.gd, we had backed up the content and now replaced all the htdocs with the wordpress files. Downloaded wordpress, but whenever we enter the url it goes to our old url. How do we fix this?

This

8 Likes

Website URL: quartztag.com

So basically the old url was quartztag.rf.gd, we had backed up the content and now replaced all the htdocs with the wordpress files. Downloaded wordpress, but whenever we enter the url it goes to our old url. How do we fix this?

I tried editing the wp-config.php but didn’t work. It just shows example.com sent an invalid response when i visit the page, I cant edit the wordpress site either cause I cannot go to the website. I am using softaculus btw

I cant reply btw

Why not?

I don’t see any error like that. I do see an “Error establishing a database connection” error.

To get a bit more informative error message, please try enabling wp_debug: Debugging in WordPress – Advanced Administration Handbook | Developer.WordPress.org

4 Likes

they say for safety i have to wait 24 hours before replying again or something.

if you go to quartztag.com I now see only sent an invalid response, can’t provide a secure connection error. After enabling wp_debug like you said.

This is because you don’t have an ssl certificate, of course there’s no secure connection.

Your site indeed have a DB error. Judging from the DB username it was some user that softaculous had created and can only access one DB.

Please use your real hosting account credentials instead.

5 Likes

Ah, right. That probably means you are trying to access the site over HTTPS, but no SSL certificate is installed. You can fix it like this, but you can work around it by opening your website without HTTPS for now: http://quartztag.com/

This.

Also, I had a look, and the if0_34895670_wp725 database appears to be completely empty. If so, there is not much that can be done to save this website. There is another database on your account that does have WordPress tables, but that seems to be from a different installation.

5 Likes

And that should be the one install he is trying to save. It’s in fact me who is telling him to try to make a fresh install then manually connect the install back to the old one.

Even if only post data can probably be saved.

4 Likes

The new database appears to be pretty much a fresh install, there are a few posts there but those are just the standard dummy data from WordPress.

So unless @DetainTeam has a backup of their database, I don’t see any way to recover the data of their previous website.

4 Likes

Ummm interesting.

I did remember I told him about backing up the only DB he got several hours ago, if that was a new DB then yeah.

1 Like

Its fine I think the plugins and the template must be saved by the files. Please reset the database but not the files so I can access it again. Thank you

Hello, my main account is [email protected]. I cant talk in that account through forums because its a new account for forums and they have restricted the amount of messages and replies.

I need help from an admin, long story short, I backed up my website because I changed my domain from .com to .rf.gd so I installed the backup but forgot to backup the database. So I want an admin to go to the account and reset only the database and set it up so I wont have a database error. This is what my dev friend suggested.

Please let me know if you could help me on this, thank you.

@Admin could you set it to use that other database you saw?

Did you follow exact instruction?

5 Likes

At this point, I would just download the wp-content folder (which includes all plugins and themes), delete everything in the htdocs folder, and reinstall WordPress. Then you can reinstall the plugins and themes.

It doesn’t look like there is anything to salvage from the new database, so I wouldn’t bother with the settings.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.