Is this possible with a free account?

I’m feeling my way back into things hence the free account at this stage.

I would like to install a Wordpress site that is provided as a zip file and comes with a separate php installer.

Instructions advise to upload these two files to root and run the installer. What I think is the root of my free account contains a file name do not upload files here!

Hence I am wondering if it’s possible to proceed with a free account?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Tony

This is possible as long as its not a PHP scripts.

Extract your zip file first using winrar in your desktop.
Go to your Online File Manager > htdocs (IMPORTANT! UPLOAD IT INSIDE THE htdocs, not on "do not upload files here)"

YOU CAN’T UPLOAD FILES BIGGER THAN 10MB, SO I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO UPLOAD THOSE FOLDERS AND FILES FROM THE EXTRACTED ZIP ONE BY ONE.

7 Likes

Welcome @Tony57 :slightly_smiling_face: You might look at the KB/FAQ below for instruction installing a CMS, seems a bit easier than any other method. As always we do what we’re most comfortable with, good luck getting WordPress installed.

Many thanks for the advice chaps, I haven’t done it this way in a long time but as the installer is a php script I’m thinking it won’t run or perhaps cause issues.

I’ve installed Wordpress so I’ll unpack my end and upload files and folders as needed then import the database once I’ve worked out paths and credentials etc.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Tony

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.