Is it OK to redirect from old domain(links) to new domain(links)?

I see traffic redirector is not allowed here.

But when I was a starter, I use a subdomain of rf.gd, and now I switched to a TLD. So is it OK to redirect(301) from old links to new links?

Additionaly, is URL shortening pointing to the same domain(or account) allowed?

@yezhiyi said:
I see traffic redirector is not allowed here.

But when I was a starter, I use a subdomain of rf.gd, and now I switched to a TLD. So is it OK to redirect(301) from old links to new links?

Additionaly, is URL shortening pointing to the same domain(or account) allowed?

Redirecting URLs is no problem, many websites use redirects in some way.

What is not allowed is running a (public) URL shortener, because they are often abused by spammers and hackers who will use your domain to hide their own, malicious content.

What is not allowed is running a (public) URL shortener, because they are often abused by spammers and hackers who will use your domain to hide their own, malicious content.

So private and temporary ones are ok, right?

@yezhiyi said:

So private and temporary ones are ok, right?

Even permanent redirects are OK. Like having an old URL permanently redirect to a new one, always redirecting www URLs to non-www (or the other way around) or enforcing HTTPS. Redirects to other sites are OK too. Just try to make sure the redirects are safe and you don’t allow just anyone to create more redirects.