Is it ethical as per polices of Infinityfree to convert XML(RSS feed) data provided by public News portal into JSON and then export it from?

Hi, am I allowed to host php program to convert xml data(RSS feed) provided here World News Headlines, Latest International News, World Breaking News - Times of India to JSON.
I am creating just a mediator and I am neither copying any data nor storing any data in local storage.

Please tell if it is against policies of Infinityfree or not.

Thanks a lot.

Please write clearly, I don’t understand your problem. You may want to contact the service you’re getting that information from regarding that, as it is legal if they say it is and illegal if they say as well.

3 Likes

Yes, you can use the RSS Feed provided by the Times Of India and put the content on your website until you link back to the original article.!

2 Likes

If you not going to be storing it, what is the point of doing this?

Whether or not it is in violation of anything is how the company you are taking it from sees it. Do they really want to copy it, or do they just want you to view it.

From InfinityFree’s perspective, all the rules are outlined here. Please familiarize yourself with the rules before uploading any files related to this project.

Thanks, and let me know know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

We only provide hosting for websites, not APIs. So using our hosting for a data transformation script is not allowed. And you’ll likely have a hard time consuming the JSON data because of this system:

3 Likes

If you not going to be storing it, what is the point of doing this?

I’m creating android app and I found parsing JSON data is way easier than parsing XML data. So I’m just getting XML from news website and creating JSON of it and exporting it. I’m changing format of the data so that it can be efficiently used. PHP script is just to convert data from XML to JSON.

Rules says that website scraping/crawling/downloading scripts are not allowed

My case is not mentioned in rules of infinityfree. I’m not doing web scraping,crawling etc.
what should I do?
Thanks a lot.

InfinityFree is for website hosting only, not api hosting, which it seems like what you’re trying to accomplish.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply Admin.

I have read resource you provided but aren’t APIs websites?
Allow APIs too. :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot.

Got it. Thanks a lot for your answer.

Yaa got it buddy. I saw reply by Admin that says the same thing. But is not it unfair? :disappointed_relieved:
API’s are also websites.

Not true.

If you need API hosting, upgrade to premium. Or you can use Replit.com or Heroku.com.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I will try replit. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Our definition of website is a web application that is designed to produce pages in a web browser. That’s also what it says in our terms of service. A script that produces data to be parsed by other applications is not a website. Web application is a more fitting name, I think.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.