Is InfinityFree limit cpu usage?

other free hosting limit cpu usage and high cpu usage then 70% make
account suspended.
I want to know InfinityFree limit cpu usage?

Thank you.

Hello @YamiDarknesS

InfinityFree does have CPU usage limit. I do not know what is the exact count of maximum CPU power that you can use however if your hosting account reaches 100% then your account will get suspended for 24 hours (1 day) and it will be restored again after that one day.

Like I said there is no single value for measuring CPU usage like KB/MB/GB/TB for hard drives and RAM however on your account’s control panel you can see how full is the CPU usage bar.

Usually CPU gets overused only if there is a huge traffic on your website or you use very heavy plugins/scripts and your site gets visited by many visitors which means: more visitors = more script usage per visitor.

However as long as your website has a minor traffic activity you shouldn’t have any problems with CPU limit. Try to keep your website well optimised, get rid of unused scripts/plugins if they cause any problems with CPU usage.

If you have a big website that has alot of traffic but it reaches very often it’s limits then you should consider switching to our XVHost Premium Hosting which includes many more options, modules and less limits.

I hope that I was able to help you with your issue.

If you have any other questions do not be afraid to ask for support here!

Mike

Hello and good morning.

I had just migrated one site to Infinity Free and it suddenly became sispended because of CPU usage.

Thing is, the ONLY thing I made was to transfer the site from de old provider to Infinity Free in those last two days.

Can you share with me how the CPU usage is accounted, and where do I check how may power I had used on a single day?

Finally, in the email I received, it says I can fill an ticket to ask for the reactivation, but I could not find it where the email says it would be. Where do I fill this request?

Can you share with me how the CPU usage is accounted, and where do I check how may power I had used on a single day?
Finally, in the email I received, it says I can fill an ticket to ask for the reactivation, but I could not find it where the email says it would be. Where do I fill this request?

When was your account suspended? There was an issue with the suspension notification system, so it’s possible that the e-mail contained the wrong information. Normally, you can find the reactivation form by clicking Details next to the suspended accounts. That page contains your account details, including why the account was suspended and what you can do next.

If your account was suspended for high CPU usage, you can’t request a reactivation. Your account will be reactivated automatically after 24 hours.

The CPU usage is calculated based on CPU time. The more time your account processes are using the server processors, the more CPU usage is calculated. Migrating a website can be a resource intensive process, so depending on what you did it could explain the suspension.

You can view your CPU usage through the Account Statistics menu.