InfinityFree File Manager error

Hi. I noticed that some days ago a new file manager was added. However when I try to edit or upload something it says: “Error 403 - Bridge response error, please check the API docs or this ajax response.
CLOSE”. Can you help me to resolve the problem?

Maybe we can fix this, but I don’t see anything odd on this end which could explain this.

When do you see this error? Immediately after opening the file manager or after performing specific actions? Does it happen with all files or only certain specific ones?

The more specific you can define this issue, the more effectively I can help fix it.

1 Like

You’re not the only one, I think there is a problem with the ftp servers, I can’t connect with FileZilla too. I think the error on the online file manager is a consequence of the problem with the ftp servers.
Hope you’ll fix the problem :slight_smile:
Keep doing good job guys ! Awesome web hosting site btw :slight_smile:

yeah, I’m also facing the same issue. Cant’ access to FTP. Error 403 - Bridge response error, please check the API docs or this ajax response.

All FTP errors are logged in our end, but we never return 403 errors from the file manager backend. I suspect it’s a Cloudflare issue, but I haven’t been able to reproduce the error.

Could anyone who gets that issue please include more details? Which account? Which files? Which action? What do you see in the browser network log?

@Admin said:
All FTP errors are logged in our end, but we never return 403 errors from the file manager backend. I suspect it’s a Cloudflare issue, but I haven’t been able to reproduce the error.

Could anyone who gets that issue please include more details? Which account? Which files? Which action? What do you see in the browser network log?

I see it every time I want to edit something (e. g. HTML, XML, TXT files). When I make my changes and click “Edit” it loads some seconds and then says “Error 403 - Bridge response error, please check the API docs or this ajax response.”

However, when I try to do the same action in net2ftp or on FTP clients it doesn’t give any error. Help please!

@aprikyan Thank you for including the screenshot. Best I can tell, it’s:

• Cloudflare blocking the content due to security filters.
  • Specific issues with non-Latin characters (it should work, but isn’t tested extensively).

Or a combination of both.

Anyways, I think I disabled the Cloudflare firewall for the file manager now. Can you please check if it works now?

@Admin said:
@aprikyan Thank you for including the screenshot. Best I can tell, it’s:

• Cloudflare blocking the content due to security filters.
  • Specific issues with non-Latin characters (it should work, but isn’t tested extensively).

Or a combination of both.

Anyways, I think I disabled the Cloudflare firewall for the file manager now. Can you please check if it works now?

Thank you, of course, but now the file manager doesn’t even open. When I go to https://infinityfree.net/accounts/.../files it loads some seconds and then says “Error 504 - Bridge response error, please check the API docs or this ajax response.”

Also, when I go to my cPanel (at 12 o’clock, GMT+4, Yerevan time) it displays a new text, “Maintenance is underway on FTP and File Manager, please allow 24 hours for this to be fixed”, so I can’t test net2ftp or FileZilla now.

@aprikyan Both errors are one and the same issue. The file manager in the client area also uses FTP, so if FTP is down, the file manager is as well. I’m going to put up a notice for that.

@Admin said:
@aprikyan Both errors are one and the same issue. The file manager in the client area also uses FTP, so if FTP is down, the file manager is as well. I’m going to put up a notice for that.

Ok, please let me know when the problem is resolved.

@aprikyan said:

@Admin said:

Ok, please let me know when the problem is resolved.

Please keep an eye on the official topic, we’ll post any updates there: https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/1548/ftp-connectivity-issues-website-connection-timed-out

@Admin thank you, the problem is fixed!