Idk what this means

can someone show me what this means?

thanks

Are you using Cloudflare? If so, you need to go to your Cloudflare panel and add the CNAME records. The parts you need are the record name and destination (not the current destination). Hope this helped!

4 Likes

Hey, if you set encryption level to Full in CloudFlare, CloudFlare will handle SSL for you, and you don’t need another SSL certificate

getting this error now

You cannot install a Cloudflare origin certificate here as it is not trusted, set it to full mode and it should work

2 Likes

I got this

Delete your SSL domain, go to CF dashboard, and set encryption level to full

1 Like

I can’t though

You can use Flexible SSL instead. If you want to use full SSL, you’ll need to install a real SSL certificate, which Cloudflare’s Origin Certificate is not.

6 Likes

You are using Cloudflare. In that case, make sure the CNAME has no Orange Cloud. Make it DNS Only by disabling the Orange Cloud so that they can detect the Records properly. After that make sure you set the SSL to STRICT on Cloudflare after you have installed your SSL certificates in your Infinity CPANEL.

@FlutterHoney Cloudflare Flexible SSL is not really secure at the Origin point and that means when your Hosting sends info they are unsecure and in a case if you are implementing any Payment Gateways you will have error they your domain is not secure. That’s why we need to install SSL at the Origin point which is where your website is hosted and then make it STRICT MODE SSL on Cloudflare.

3 Likes

Ah yes, I mean, when I first setup my own domain, I add Let’s Encrypt, then add CloudFlare. That caused too many redirects error. I change Encryption level to Full, and it’s working again.

Correct my sentence, If you want to use Full encryption in CloudFlare, you need SSL certificate. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I use cloudflare and Flexible SSL to create Let’s Encrypt SSL. The order doesn’t matter. What matters is if you have installed it on Infinity SSL and set the correct CNAME/TXT challenge records on the DNS your Domain is pointing at while creating SSL from Let’s Encrypt. That why you always get Strict instead of FULL which is for Self signed Certificates (full) and not Strict.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.