I need to get a webpage hosted. Can someone help me? This is my first time here at InfinityFree

Okay. I will come back and deal with this tomorrow. It’s getting late. Meanwhile, can you leave me instructions on to remove the domain from my hosting account and then add it in again? Please.

Please see this thread

3 Likes

Hi KangJL,

Can you give me the link to the webpage where I will need to remove my domain from my hosting account and then add it in again? I did not see it mentioned in your discussion with Starlight.

I clicked on my domain name (privatemoneyforus.com) and was taken to the webpage indicated by the image below. It is not the webpage that has the contact form for my clients.

cpanel.epizy.com

1 Like

KangJL,

Okay. I’ve removed the domain from the hosting account and then added it again on the webpage that is indicated by the image below. But I’m still getting the webpage I told you about in my recent post.

You mentioned that I will then need to copy files from /htdocs to privatemoneyforus.com/htdocs. Please explain to me how that is done.

You need to read this

3 Likes

Hi KangJL,

Using both the information you gave me and the video, I was able to successfully connect and transfer my files on the right of the FileZilla application to the server.

2 Likes

Hi KangJL,

I’m still not getting my webpage. This is the page I’m getting when I put the link to my webpage (privatemoneyforus.com) into my browser. What do I need to do to correct this?

Well you did not do that

As can see, privatemoneyforus.com/htdocs is not seen.
You need to copy your files to privatemoneyforus.com/htdocs

2 Likes

KangJL,

Okay. I must log back into the FileZilla application and then copy files from /htdocs to privatemoneyforus.com/htdocs. Since this folder is not seen, will I need to create it?

If you had re-added the domain correctly, the privatemoneyforus.com/htdocs folder should be created by default.
Can you provide a screenshot of the addon domain on the VPanel?
Please show directory structure of the filemanager as well.

3 Likes

KangJL,

Please look at the image below and tell me if I did this right. I see near the words “Remote site:”, /privatemoneyforus.com/htdocs. I then went to the folder on my computer where the files for my website were located. I highlighted them and transferred them to the right side of the screen into what should be the privatemoneyforus.com/htdocs folder.

Working now

You may want to rename web.html to index.html

4 Likes

KangJL,

I’m glad that it’s now working! Thank you for all your help! I’ll rename this following the instructions you gave me.

1 Like

KangJL,

Okay. What must I do next? How do I make sure the buttons on my contact form is working properly?

KangJL,

After renaming the HTML, I tested the webpage in a browser and it showed on my computer screen.

http://privatemoneyforus.com/index.html

I do not see any action assigned to your submit button.

Please read this thread for more details

3 Likes

KangJL,

I’m having a hard time understanding exactly what it is they are telling me to do on the Formspree website. Below, I provided a screenshot of the code to the form on my webpage. Please tell me what I must put into the code to ensure it is delivering me the information I need. Thanks!

On the form tag, you’ll need to add an action attribute with as value the URL Formspree gives you (which is https://formspree.io/f/yourformid, replacing yourformid with the ID of your form) and also add a method attribute with value POST. Then you’re done! The final form start tag will look like this:

<form action="https://formspree.io/f/yourformid" method="POST">

replacing yourformid with the ID of your form on Formspree. So if you don’t understand me in the first score, you can just copy the start tag, paste it instead of <form> and you’re done!

7 Likes

Hi JxstErg1,

I’m messaging you from church using my mobile phone. Can we do this over the phone? This is taking much longer than I thought it would take?