I just created a website and have a question

Website URL custom-keto-diet.infinityfreeapp.com

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

What question?

Your website is perfectly fine for me.

3 Likes

Hello Frank,

Sorry I made an error when trying to post my question.

I have a Wordpress website. I have an account with Microsoft/Bing ads. They want me to place a conversion tracking tag in the header of my website. I was wondering if someone could tell me how I would go about doing that?

Thank you.

Try manually modifying your current theme’s header.php. (Located in <wp install path>/wp-content/<your theme name>.)

You should be able to find the <head> tag and put your code between it (and </head>.)

Though I don’t know if it will work, cuz we have special security system, but please try the method above first.

6 Likes

Thank you for the information Frank.

I will give it a try.

If you start modifications theme files directly, just note that you are probably going to have to re-as whatever code you are adding every time you update the theme (And possible after major WordPress updates).

I would recommend just installing a lightweight plug-in that supports adding code to the header. Back when I used WordPress, I recall there was a good one called “Headers and Footers”. Of course, that’s just memory, and it was over a year go so things may have changed.

6 Likes

That plugin’s name has changed and also the developers behind it changed, but in complex it’s the same plugin. I remember it was called “Insert Headers and Footers”; the URL for the plugin is still this:

6 Likes

You can avoid this trouble if you create a child theme

4 Likes

Thank you for the information everyone. Over the weekend I will try to do this/

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.