I don't understand the process of installing a new SSL

Hello… I have a little problem…
I want to install a new SSL certificate on my website but as i follow the instructions:

“To allow the certificate vendor to generate the certificate, you need to give them the Certificate Signing Request, or CSR. To find the CSR for your domain, go to your control panel → SSL/TLS → click the Configure button. Then, click “Generate Key / CSR”. Finally, copy all text from the CSR field and submit it to your certificate vendor.”

O end up on a section where i must write my company name and the departament… I don’t understand what does it want from me, if it just wants me to fill all the informations, there will be some mising…

Help…

@DragonGraphics said:
Hello… I have a little problem…
I want to install a new SSL certificate on my website but as i follow the instructions:

“To allow the certificate vendor to generate the certificate, you need to give them the Certificate Signing Request, or CSR. To find the CSR for your domain, go to your control panel → SSL/TLS → click the Configure button. Then, click “Generate Key / CSR”. Finally, copy all text from the CSR field and submit it to your certificate vendor.”

O end up on a section where i must write my company name and the departament… I don’t understand what does it want from me, if it just wants me to fill all the informations, there will be some mising…

Help…

The way the CSR system was designed is that it includes information about the person or company requesting it, so this information may be included in the actual certificate. In reality, these details are hardly ever used (most SSL certificates don’t show the contact information anyways).

You need to fill in all the fields on the form shown, but you are free to enter something like “n/a” in fields which don’t apply to you. Those details are not super important.

Thanks for help, just wanted to know if i make any mistakes, does it cost me something. Now i know it doesn’t.