I accidently deleted my free domain name by mistake

Recently due to some testing needed I had installed a new WordPress site in addition to my existing .html site. Now that the testing phase is over and it wasn’t needed anymore, I decided to remove it through the Vista cPanel using the Softaculous app installer.

However after using Filezilla I noticed that some remnant WP files were still there in the sub folder of the root under htdocs, so I removed them manually. I also deleted an unnecessary sub domain which had also been used before for another different testing phase, but wasn’t needed anymore. Next I went back in the Vista cPanel and deleted the old MX Records and the MySQL Databases for those.

At that point I decided on a clean install from my latest external and up-to-date backup, so I deleted everything from the root through Filezilla.

Then by mistake I also deleted my original free domain through the Vista cPanel by clicking the red delete button, before realizing what I had just done!

Is it possible to close that domain from the registrar so that it comes back as unassigned so that I can reuse it again as my main domain?
The primary reason is that I have the site structured in a way to also use 1 sub domain on my domain name, and if possible I would not like to use that function.

Thanks in advance to anyone who assists me.

You can add free subdomains to your account by using the Subdomains section in the control panel. If you deleted the from your account before, it means the subdomain is free to be parked on the same or other accounts again.

Thanks Admin for your assistance. I already tried that before, and yes it does work in getting back my main free domain I had originally registered with (subdomain from your end). However, I then cannot add an additional subdomain to that domain.

To give you an example of what I mean, if the domain I registered with when signing up with InfinityFree was: MyWebsiteName.epizy.com, I still can get there by adding it as a new subdomain — and it will work fine, but the problem is I now cannot add any new subdomain on that domain (subdomain on a subdomain) like: Extension.MyWebsiteName.epizy.com.

Coming to think of it, it shouldn’t be registered (MyWebsiteName.epizy.com) by a registrar as the main domain itself — epizy.com is already registered by InfinityFree, meaning that it is an internal issue.

So if my free registered domain is cleared from your end, I should be able to get my site fully functioning as before.

@KevinAquilina said:
So if my free registered domain is cleared from your end, I should be able to get my site fully functioning as before.

I don’t know what you mean by a free registered domain not being cleared. Can you please clearly state which domain is giving you problems and what exactly you’re trying to do with it?

I’m referring to the free domain I got from here when registering for the InfinityFree hosting — which was residualincome.epizy.com, until I made that stupid mistake by pressing that delete button!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I really appreciate it.

@KevinAquilina said:
I’m referring to the free domain I got from here when registering for the InfinityFree hosting — which was residualincome.epizy.com, until I made that stupid mistake by pressing that delete button!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I really appreciate it.

OK, that answers one of the two questions. The domain residualincome.epizy.com is not being used on any account. Now what exactly should that domain be doing right now?

That should become my main domain name for my account so that when I add another subdomain, I can add it onto my own domain. To clarify a real life example would be:-

In other words, if I understand it correctly residualincome.epizy.com should be tied directly to my main htdocs folder.

Thanks for your assistance.

I’m sorry to say that the only way to connect an account to the main htdocs folder is by using the domain during the account creation process. Due to technical limitations, your first domain name will be created slightly differently from how any later domains are created.

In short: the only way to get the original sub-subdomain back is by creating a new account with the subdomain residualincome.epizy.com and moving your website to it.

Thanks Admin for your support. So If I understood you correctly I can go and open a new account right now with my original domain, as it is not assigned to anyone and then close my old account.
Correct?

@KevinAquilina said:
Thanks Admin for your support. So If I understood you correctly I can go and open a new account right now with my original domain, as it is not assigned to anyone and then close my old account.
Correct?

Absolutely! As soon as you delete a domain name from an account, it’s immediately available to create new accounts or to be added to other existing accounts.

Awesome. Thanks for your generous assistance.
So we can call this thread closed than.