Hyperlinks

lifeoflen.infinityfreeapp.com

Hello everyone. I am doing a course on HTML and I am trying to host a server. I finally got it to work, but now it is not displaying the hyperlinks even though they are displayed in the source code. I really do not understand what I am doing wrong here.

I’ve just opened your website and i cann see the links
Try to open the website in another browser.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! You are right the links do work in Google Chrome. I was using Safari. Do you have any idea why they are not displaying on Safari?

I really don’t know, because I’ve never used Safari and there’s no version for Windows.
You should have an Add-On in the browser, which blocks the hyperlinks

Open your website on Safari, then go to >> View > >Show Status Bar and look if you cann see the hyperlinks?

Try clearing the cache in Safari.

3 Likes

Welcome!

Do you mean a website? You can’t host a server, and your code looks like a webpage. (Just want to clarify).

Yep, it would be because of cache. When you visit a website, your browser stores a copy of the files on your computer, so when you visit the website again later, it loads faster. Unfortunately, this can be very confusing for some developers, but it thankfully has an easy fix (See the fink that wackyblackie posted).

That will not change the page context, only the aesthetics of the browser.

4 Likes

Working!!

Kindly please clear your cache or use incognito when u make changes in your site.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.