Https error 500, ojs software

Hello, after yesterday’s PHP upgrade my website is not working
https://inteulm.free.nf/ . I’m using a ojs/pkp software 3.3. and the website IP is:185.27.134.134
When I load the page from chrome the following error message appears: HTTP error 500, instead when I’m using softaculous or CPanel only a white page it appears.
I’m not an expert and I’don’t know what to do to fix the problem. Can you help me please?
Many thanks

Please enable php display errors:

You can

1. Enable via .htaccess (may not always work), put this in the .htaccess file:
php_value display_errors On
  1. Enable via .php, put this in your php file:
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
5 Likes

I’ve tried via.htaccess to put the code but it gives me access denied when I’m tried to save the file.
The second code I don’t know the file to put it. I’ve found 3.
index.php , config.inc.php and config.TAMPLATE.inc.php. Which of them is the right one.
many thanks

put the code in all of them i think

I’ve tried but in 2 of them the answer when I’m trying to save the files is “permission denied”. Only in index.php is ok, but again it doesn’t give me new information about the possible error. For me the problem is the transition to PHP 8.2.
Don’t you have any other ideas on how to solve the problem?
Thanks!

My website is still not working.

I’m expecting news.
Many thanks

Now when I load my website it gives me the following error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function putenv() in /home/vol15_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34552182/htdocs/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:292 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol15_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34552182/htdocs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(116): PKPLocale::initialize(Object(Request)) #1 /home/vol15_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34552182/htdocs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) #2 /home/vol15_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34552182/htdocs/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute() #3 {main} thrown in /home/vol15_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34552182/htdocs/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php on line 292

That’s enough information:

The putenv() function is disabled on PHP 8.2:

You can check the php configurations with

<?php phpinfo() ?>

or simply use my PHP 8.2 phpinfo() instance: https://vol58.infinityfreeapp.com/phpinfo.php

3 Likes

It was also disabled when the servers were running PHP 7.4 before.

Please check Admin’s reply on this topic for more information as to why it’s disabled:

3 Likes

So what can I do now? The software is download from our hosting platform is not migrated from another platform and after the php upgrade my website is no more work.
In the second case of a bug in the software what can I do to resolve the problem. I cannot understand how to resolve this situation

I just reconnected to the website. The error no longer exists and it seems to be working normally

Most 500 error recently is due to @ decorator change after PHP8.

Prior to PHP 8.0.0, it was possible for the @ operator to disable critical errors that will terminate script execution. For example, prepending @ to a call of a function which did not exist, by being unavailable or mistyped, would cause the script to terminate with no indication as to why.

Most opensource project use @maybe_disabled_function to ignore, after PHP8, this code will cause 500.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.