How to upload files in root directory?

I want to upload some files and folders above the htdocs folder i.e. in root directory, but everytime an error is thrown denying me to do so. This is not a problem with my ftp client as i have tried to do so with many ftp clients but failed to achieve this. I want some of my files to not be accessible via http, these files are meant to be used by php on the server and must not be accessible by public, so i want to upload them in root directory above the htdocs folder. What can i do to solve this?
My website is easypaper.cf

You can’t store anything on root directory, as clearly told by one of file named “DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE”.

Consider changing chmod (file access modifier) so none can open the file/folder.

@Joo_Nath said:
You can’t store anything on root directory, as clearly told by one of file named “DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE”.

Consider changing chmod (file access modifier) so none can open the file/folder.

I have seen the same file “DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE” on many other hosting provider’s servers too, but every other hosting provider allowed to upload files in the root directory. Isn’t there any hack or other options to become able to upload files i the root directory?

@mishramohit70 said:

@Joo_Nath said:

I have seen the same file “DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE” on many other hosting provider’s servers too, but every other hosting provider allowed to upload files in the root directory. Isn’t there any hack or other options to become able to upload files i the root directory?

I don’t think there is another option.
You can however upload the files to your htdocs/whatever folder, and then use the Protected Folders option.

Even if you managed to upload files outside the htdocs folder, open_basedir restrictions means your website will not be able to access them anyways. If you need to block web access to specific files or folders, you can use .htaccess rules for that.