How to restore the deleted AddOn Domain

Website URL

sladen.infinityfreeapp.com

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

There isn’t an error message. The page doesn’t load and a blank page shows.
The blank page URL is:
http://ww01.infinityfreeapp.com/?pid=9POT3387I&pbsubid=f9da9268-c58d-4892-bf9f-cb4d0b740fc3&noads=http%3A%2F%2Fww01.infinityfreeapp.com%2F%3Fskipskenzo%3Dtrue

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

I have been experimenting with how I might add SSL and an actual domain name. I thought that I might have added the “AddOn” domain a couple of days ago and I wasn’t sure what would happen if I deleted it. Apparently, that was a bad thing to delete. I tried to add it again, but I don’t see anything.

I CAN see my files using file manager, though. Is there a way to view my website using the IP address while DNS stuff gets recreated? Do I need to do more to see my site at sladen.infinityfreeapp.com ?

(other information and details relevant to your question)

You’ll need to readd it through the subdomains page, and if this was the domain you signed up with, move your site’s contents to the newly created sladen.infinityfreeapp.com/htdocs folder.

3 Likes

So I have an htdocs folder.

I now also have a sladen.infinityfreeapp.com folder which has an htdocs folder and it seems that the system created that.

Both of the htdocs folders now have the same files as I uploaded all my files again into the htdocs folder that was empty. I still can’t see any content when I go to sladen.infinityfreeapp.com

I see it just fine:

Try clearing your DNS cache or some of the other advice in this article:

4 Likes

Okay. Thanks a lot for the screenshot.

Firefox saw it, but it was weird. Edge didn’t.

I will clear caches and also check out that document.

Is it possible to configure things so that I don’t need to have the extra folder? Can I delete the sladen.infinityfreeapp.com folder and just use the original htdocs folder?

Unfortunately no, but you can delete the original htdocs folder, as it will no longer point to anything.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.