How much can a hosted website handle at same time

can it handle 30 people at same time. its just a simple page

Yes.

You get 50,000 hits per day.

5 Likes

i said clearly at the same time

And I clearly answered your question:

4 Likes

No you haven’t. i knew my site could handle 50k requests [ including local request to files in the hosting db] but my question was HANDLING USERS AT THE SAME TIME what would be the STABILITY and how much could it

You asked:

I made the assumption that “it” was your website, and “at the same time” meant 30 people loading your homepage within 5 seconds of each other. I also assumed that “simple page” mean a single HTML page with a stylesheet, JavaScript file, and less then 10 image files with nothing else.

With those assumptions, I answered:

4 Likes

Define simple. Does it use database connection?
If it uses DB connection, then max SQL connection is only 5 or 10.
So it cannot support 30 persons.
A lot would depend on how the website is coded

4 Likes

there is no connection to infinity free DB
im using my own API. so it will load the js and locally execute.

Take note

6 Likes

No im using MY OWN HOSTED api on my azure VPS to add commisions to the database, not hosting my api on inf free.

Which is exactly what the article @KangJL showed you points out won’t work. The security system that makes sure only browsers can access your website, also prevents any outside APIs (like the one you host on your VPS) from connecting to your website, or vice versa. Also, remote database connections aren’t supported here either. The only way your databases can be accessed is by the website scripts that are on your InfinityFree hosting account in the first place or by yourself through phpMyAdmin.

4 Likes

no you got it wrong. all the THAT I HOSTED doing is sending request to my own hosted azure database for logging in and out to save the files into the AZURE DB. its nothing against the TOS.

because. my website transfers the JS code to my browser. my browser executes the code to connect to my API.

Most likely you will run into CORS restriction

3 Likes

Nah

The unfortunate reality is that nobody can tell you that.

Accounts are limited by things that we can reliably measure on the server side, and which have a clear impact on server load. Like hits, CPU power, memory and processes. From a server perspective, there is no way to reliably measure things like “users”.

To translate these low level metrics to “business” metrics like users and pages is a massive list of factors related to how your website works and how your users use it, that make it impossible to make any sort of prediction.

The only way to know for sure is to make a guess as to what you’d need, start accepting traffic, and watch the graphs to see how you’re doing in regards to performance and load. Then you can adjust accordingly.

I know that this is not the answer you want. Everyone would like to have guarantees on exactly how much traffic they can get. But nobody can guarantee such things.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.