How do I make my current domain stop pointing here? (going to set up new domain for my site here but want old one to point elsewhere)

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

Error Message

Shows suspended domain message now

Other Information

I don’t want that domain to point here as I am going to setup a new domain for here and keep that domain for personal stuff but now I can’t have it redirect

Remove the NS records or A records for your domain from domain provider or dns service (if you are using any).

If you removed the domain from your hosting account too you will just have to wait for the DNS to propagate. Untill the propagation finishes (no more than 48h usually) you will see the suspended website.

Let me know if this helped

4 Likes

To properly fix this, you just have to wait for DNS propagation. There is no way around it.

But you could reactivate your account and leave it online for few more days. That way, people can still see your old content, or you can show a maintenance page telling them about the migration.

And as a general advice, always keep the old service running for a few more days if you can before moving to a new provider.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.