How can I add SSL for my domain name?

Hi there!

I am trying to make my domain to become https. I have tried to use SSL/TLS Manager but there is no way to upload files. It is just a text area to paste private key and certificate string. I had submitted it and had waited fora day but it still didn’t take effect. Please help.

Thanks in advance
bentong95923

All You Need Is A SSL CSR And Private Key The SSL Is What You Put In The String But You have
To Pay For It And InfinityFree Does Not Support Lets Encrypt

OK

@EasyHost said:
All You Need Is A SSL CSR And Private Key The SSL Is What You Put In The String But You have
To Pay For It And InfinityFree Does Not Support Lets Encrypt

I am using StartSSL and I can get certificate for free haha. But I am not sure it works or not and I just try out to see if it works. I am just not sure where I did wrong or something didn’t allow me to do this.

Thanks for your reply

bentong95923

Using a free certificate from StartSSL does work, Let’s Encrypt does not (due to limitations of their verification system). Just note that StartSSL only works for custom domains (not subdomains) as far as I know, because you can’t do domain verification for subdomains, judging by the number of verification e-mails from StartSSL we get on the contact e-mails of rf.gd and epizy.com.

Hi Admin,

Thanks for your reply. I am currently trying to use SSL for my own purchase domain (.com) so sub domain should not cause the problem.
Thanks for your help!

bentong95923

Hi Admin,

I forgot to mention that the cPanel actually accept my certificate. There is a pop up saying “The certificate is successfully add. It may take few hours for SSL to go live. Please be patient.” Yet more than few hours it still hasn’t gone live. Please help.

I just checked your certificate and I get a green lock from here. Note that browsers sometimes cache certificates for a long time, so checking the installation using an external SSL checking tool (like SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) ) or a different browser is a good idea before concluding it’s broken.