Help Regarding E-Mail

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody could steer me in the right direction regarding e-mail on my free account, I haven’t got the foggiest idea, it’s totally beaten me, how do I find the e-mails, the inbox etc… I am baffled, can anybody spare any time to assist me please?

Thanks…

What exactly are you having trouble with finding? You can go to Email Accounts, setup a mailbox, click the Webmail link, login with the email address and password and see your inbox.

You need set up the MX record to your mail or you wont get any mail to your adress!

Thanks for the replies, I will try to clarify… basically I am totally clueless, and have no idea what I am doing… My joomla says I have an [email protected] e-mail, and I can’t seem to find it… I also would like to create e-mail accounts as well, and have no idea how to do it, or where to access the inboxes to view and send e-mail…

By default, Softaculous sets “[email protected]” or whatever domain you have installed it on as the contact email address of the main admin account. However, Softaculous doesn’t check whether that email address exists or even whether your domain name is configured correctly to receive email.

You can configure this email address during the Softaculous installation wizard, or manually create the email address afterwards.

@Admin said:
By default, Softaculous sets “[email protected]” or whatever domain you have installed it on as the contact email address of the main admin account. However, Softaculous doesn’t check whether that email address exists or even whether your domain name is configured correctly to receive email.

You can configure this email address during the Softaculous installation wizard, or manually create the email address afterwards.

I’m sure that what you said will mean something to somebody, but to me, it may as well be in a foreign language, unfortunately… I don’t use softaculous, only to install Joomla, is there any way I can do my e-mails in Joomla… As it stands, I haven’t created any e-mail addresses whatsoever, I have no idea how to use the wizard…

@PaulNewman said:

@Admin said:
By default, Softaculous sets “[email protected]” or whatever domain you have installed it on as the contact email address of the main admin account. However, Softaculous doesn’t check whether that email address exists or even whether your domain name is configured correctly to receive email.

You can configure this email address during the Softaculous installation wizard, or manually create the email address afterwards.

I’m sure that what you said will mean something to somebody, but to me, it may as well be in a foreign language, unfortunately… I don’t use softaculous, only to install Joomla, is there any way I can do my e-mails in Joomla… As it stands, I haven’t created any e-mail addresses whatsoever, I have no idea how to use the wizard…

That’s no problem, we all need to start somewhere!

However, I’m a bit confused. Can you please explain what exactly you would like to do that you are unable to do now?

Thanks, yes I want to set up e-mail accounts, admin@example, sales@example, etc, and login to them, read and send e-mails etc, I think I am allowed up to ten… I have no idea where to start whatsoever, but it would be useful…

@PaulNewman said:
Thanks, yes I want to set up e-mail accounts, admin@example, sales@example, etc, and login to them, read and send e-mails etc, I think I am allowed up to ten… I have no idea where to start whatsoever, but it would be useful…

You can set up email accounts for your domain through the control panel section conveniently called Email Accounts. Everything else should be pretty straight forward from there.

Ah, I see, I only use Joomla, I will go and check it out, and see how I get on, are there any useful guides you could link me to, to save me asking in here, please…

I have created an account, but I cannot log into webmail, I am unsure what the user name is, I have tried the username in the basic info, and the e-mail address, but login is failing… Any tips please??

If you login with the email address you’re trying to view the mail for and the password of the email account, you should be able to login without any problems. Logging in with your main hosting account credentials on the other hand does not work.

I had created it, but when I logged in, it wasn’t recognised, so do you have any suggestions for me, I need to use it now, for site cerification on Social Media etc, they won’t verify me without an e-mail address from the site… Thank you

@PaulNewman said:
I had created it, but when I logged in, it wasn’t recognised, so do you have any suggestions for me, I need to use it now, for site cerification on Social Media etc, they won’t verify me without an e-mail address from the site… Thank you

Webmail access should work, if you’re using the right credentials.

@Admin said:

@PaulNewman said:
I had created it, but when I logged in, it wasn’t recognised, so do you have any suggestions for me, I need to use it now, for site cerification on Social Media etc, they won’t verify me without an e-mail address from the site… Thank you

Webmail access should work, if you’re using the right credentials.

Yeh, it baffled me, maybe I did something wrong, I’ll have a crack another time, and get a tune out of it eventually…

Well, what do you know, I changed the password, and I am straight in, happy days… I use Joomla to build my site, can anybody suggest any good free e-mail security extensions, I don’t wanna put it on my site until I’m more confident it’s safe, as I am only a http… Any help appreciated…

@PaulNewman said:
Well, what do you know, I changed the password, and I am straight in, happy days… I use Joomla to build my site, can anybody suggest any good free e-mail security extensions, I don’t wanna put it on my site until I’m more confident it’s safe, as I am only a http… Any help appreciated…

If you want secure e-mail, you could give Zoho Mail a try. You can have up to 25 e-mail accounts for free.

As for SSL, if you are able to configure TXT DNS Records, I recommend sslforfree.com. If not, then you should get an SSL cert from SSL.com.

@TristianK3604 said:

@PaulNewman said:
Well, what do you know, I changed the password, and I am straight in, happy days… I use Joomla to build my site, can anybody suggest any good free e-mail security extensions, I don’t wanna put it on my site until I’m more confident it’s safe, as I am only a http… Any help appreciated…

If you want secure e-mail, you could give Zoho Mail a try. You can have up to 25 e-mail accounts for free.

As for SSL, if you are able to configure TXT DNS Records, I recommend sslforfree.com. If not, then you should get an SSL cert from SSL.com.

Cheers, what about joomla extensions, to improve security, for free… These SSL certificates are a bit of a scam, Infinity Free isn’t supported by SSL free, i’ve tried, is it possible to use the website address in the mail, like I would do here, I’ve never heard of it…